"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's All About Giving Thanks!....

Happy Turkey Day! I found time to tear myself away from my food-making frenzy to post! Even though, I'm sure everyone is eating turkey and could care less. But nonetheless, I do!

I have a lot to be thankful for, and I don't pay much attention to it, unless its Thanksgiving, or, my birthday, or Christmas. (those other two were cus I gotta suck up for gifts, but I didn't say that!)

I bring you what I am thankful for this 2005!

I'm thankful for the family that I have, because I am one of few people who enjoys their family. I hear a lot of people griping about spending the holidays with 'the family'. I like mine! Their fun! I wish i could spend Thanksgiving with all of mine! We're a fun bunch! And, no screaming kids! BONUS! While I'm on the subject, I'm thankful for God being smart enough to not make me have one of them there screaming kids!!

I'm thankful for finally finding my "one" CP. I give thanks for him every day because he truely makes my life better. I've never felt more loved, and appreciated by a man than I do now. He has always been there for me, no questions asked. I couldn't ask for more!

I'm thankful for the friends that I have, because, they put up with me. I am lucky to have friends that I love and trust, and can tell anything to, without fear of being judged. I can be my goofy self, or my bitchy self, or my sad self, and still never feel like a burdon. Not many people can say the same! I am also lucky to have 2 good friends, from my school days! I think going on liiiiike 16 years or something. That is something I'm really grateful for, they know it all, without having to explain "this one time....at band camp...." Cus, they were with me for my band camp days! And...stupid decisions, periods, skipping school, we can say drum thumbs, Peno, Bubbles, cat fucker, and know exactly who we mean! LOL!

I'm thankful that I get a paycheck for doing what I do at work. I really like everyone that I work with, and it has been like a surrogate family for me, since everyone but my brother has left me, either by death, or distance. I really would have had a hard time getting through all my tough times without my job, and the people there. I really, actually, like what I do! Otherwise, I wouldn't have 5 yrs perfect attendance!

I am thankful for all my furkids, who purr on my pillow, lay on my legs, and tickle me with their whiskers. They make me feel loved, in a way that only furkids can! And, they don't need constant supervision! BONUS!

I'm thankful for a roof over my head, that I really like. My garage, the clothes on my back, and my health. A car that starts in the morning, and gets me to both my jobs with no incident! (it doesn't hurt that she's pretty too)

And now for the fun stuff! In no particular order: Tivo, my TV, Hello Kitty, Bud Select, Carbs, Energy drinks, Books on CD, Yankee Candles, my microwave slippers, boy short panties, Edwin McCain (who btw missed the boat with being my future husband, HIS LOSS MAN!), the kitty blankie my sis made me, my engagement ring that brings me hours of enjoyment a day, my smoothee machine, the internet, Vignoles (Ohio Wine!), holiday specials, music, Christmas lights, Angie (my hair stylist!), leverback earrings, freedom of speech (but not to smoke where I want), my lane bryant bra, festive socks, the body shop coconut body butter, nasal spray, the fact that direct tv picked up xm satellite music channels, and last, but definatley not least, hot baths!

I'm not however, thankful that I ate 'dinner' at 2pm, and now, at almost 8 I am still throw-up full. Not, quite, worth it!

Gobble Gobble!

No comments: