"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bitten....

I still havn't caught up on my shut-eye. Ask me why, ask me why.......I was on the phone last night until 2:30 am. I got on the phone at 8:30. Six hours. With whom? Ask me! With whom do you think? The internet guy. When is the last time you talked to anyone for six hours? I think it was high school for me. When's the last time you talked to someone for six hours, and laughed 95% of the time, and never had a lull in the conversation? That, I can't even remember.

I was pretty amazed at the similarities in our lives. How many times one of us would say "I can totally relate" "I've been there" or "I agree". Weird. I've never met anyone that was as into self discovery as me. Someone who likes to find out the why's and how's of things, and fix them. Someone not merely riding along in their lives, but actually steering their own way.

We had a lot of very similar relationships, and upbringings. Learned a lot of the same life lessons. I've never felt anyone has "got me" before. I've been through so much more than my friends have with losses, love, and life. We're on the same playing field there. He got all the stupid little things I said, or made reference to. I got all the things he said. I'm not saying that I havn't had any one these things with other people in moderation, because sure, I have. But the sheer excitement of the whole package is what gets me. A package? Someone who has more than one quality I like? Getthefuckout! Have I yet to mention that this ones a hottie too? Yea, now you see why I'm so freaked out!

I laughed so much my stomach hurt. Who loves to laugh until they cry? I do! Who's made me laugh like that? No boy, just my girlfriends, and I while I love them, I don't see myself dating them. We were able to talk about how we use to not want to be alone, and are able to appreciate our own company, and everything that comes along with those changes, and in the next minute we were laughing about bog-ass which is a new word for something that's rank. I love that. I'm not nearly as nervous about Friday.

Ok I lied, I'm sure once it rolls around I'll want to vomit, but we can obviously get along, and have a great conversation. Now I guess we just see if the "everything else" is there. Already people are asking me why I'm so smiley today. It's just that whole excitement of thinking someone "get's what you are about". What's up with that? I dunno. Cus it's a first for me.

My work "Mom" said that he is the kind of guy that will bring out the good in me, in that I want to achieve my own goals, and do good, and I've had things (people) holding me back for so long. I think that might be right.

Only time will tell where this leads but for right now... in this moment.... today.... I feel like I've been bitten by the giggly bug. And that feels pretty damn good!

5 comments:

Chaim said...

Awww....

Reading this post is a great way to start my day.

Lack of sleep is tough, but it's great for a good reason.

I've had nights on the phone like that one, but it's been a looooong time.

Here's hoping that, at some point, those times return.

And, Friday is going to go fine.

Anonymous said...

That is the absolute best!! I can't wait to hear about the date!

Anonymous said...

Aww man, only your girlfriends have made you laugh?

Well, nevertheless...I'm happy for ya girl!

How far apart do you two live?

Rachel said...

sounds like someone has a crush!

Fizzgig said...

Chaim:
Glad to be an inspiration! I miss those times myself!!!! And thank you for the vote of confidence, although here it is friday and I feel like puking.

Erin:
Here's to hoping it happens!

Slick:
pretty much just my girlfriends. I've been missing out on this whole thing called a good relationship. I can't wait to find me one of those!

Rachel:
Yes, I think that's what it's called. A crush. The thing that makes you have the fun butterflies, giggles, and then..nausea. lol