"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name....

How hot was it yesterday? So hot, that after my aerobics class (of which only 4 people attended, 2 of us staying for the abs) I squeezed sweat out of my shirt. I was literally dripping with sweat. I also feel much thinner today, I'm sure I lost some serious water weight. You know, I drink 3 liters of water on a normal day, and almost doubled that yesterday. I got this new tank top/sports bra for under my t-shirts that is spose to keep you dry. It worked. But all the sweat was redirected to my arms, neck, and back. I looked Hot. For real.

CP told me yesterday...that he has never seen The Princess Bride. I'm sure there are plenty of people who havn't seen it.....but not from my generation. It's a classic! It's up there with Say Anything, The Breakfast Club, One Crazy Summer (which he has also never seen), and Summer Rental. I dunno What CP was doing in the 80's but it definatly wasn't watching good wholesome movies like me!

A while back at work, the operator paged me twice in a row as Monica Lewinsky. Yes, the homewrecker. Roars of laughter could be heard from the customer service department down the hall. Oh, yes, it was that fucking funny. To everyone else.

My name is very similar to hers. I dunno if she's polish but I am. I think there are only a few letters that differ between hers and mine, just in different order. Same syllables, but not that close if you ask me. Every time I present an ID, or use my debit/credit card, I get that look and often someone brave enough to say.. "ha ha did you know what I thought your name was?" and I say "yes, everyone does". Ha. Ha. Funny. How long ago did that crap happen anyways? Hasn't George Bush been fucking up the country for at least 5 years now? I get it on a daily basis. I wish there was a way I could sue her for having to put up with this shit. Any ideas, please let me know! Skank.

5 comments:

Becca said...

HHHubby loves the princess Bride. He isnt even from the 80's. haa
I don;t know summer rental but the rest of classics!!

supplymadam said...

Oh that's too funny about your name. Although I think it was Jennifer Flowers that had first dibs on Bill Clinton.

Anonymous said...

The things people sue for these days, Im sure you could get something!

Bianca said...

I have a friend, same age as me, who had never seen Charlie and the Chocolate factory until last year. Blasphemy, I tell you!!

Fizzgig said...

Bianca:
Now...that is sad, that's been around forever!!!