"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, October 09, 2008

Akwarrrrrd...

Know what's kinda strange? Seeing people you work with naked. I've been in this competition at work. It's an unspoken competition, and it isn't who can look better naked. It's the who can get to the gym the earliest, finish the fastest, and shower and be dressed before other people want to take a shower.

I've decided after several mishaps a.k.a seeing coworkers naked.. the best time for working out is 11 am. Most people are on scheduled lunches, so I beat the crowd. Plus, I can watch The View while I get my 45 minutes in. By the time I'm done and showering, most people are just arriving in the gym. I don't have to worry about people coming in the shower room while I'm naked. Like that episode of Sex and the City where Charlotte doesn't want to take it off in the steam room..."I didn't grow up in a naked house". (although I did grow up taking my clothes off....according to my mother)

I understand that if this were a regular old gym, I wouldn't care so much. It's another thing to see someones va jay jay, and then sit in a meeting across the table from them. Hi, I like your tan lines. Despite all my careful planning, it isn't fool proof. Yesterday Im stark-ass naked, and some lady just opens the curtain to the room I'm in, and there I am...whattya do? I waved. She shut the curtain and left. Not into the gym, she left out of the locker room. I don't know if I should be offended or what. I don't think I look that bad.

I love having a gym at work, its convenient (about 50 steps away), and free, I'd have to say the only downside is the naked thing. And now that it's getting colder, more people are using the gym vs. the "outside track" (which is just a yellow line painted thru the massive parking lot. If I didn't sweat so profusely I wouldn't have any problems, but my entire head drips with sweat, and I sweat thru my tshirt, even my ass crack sweats. I'm not ashamed. I can't not take a shower.

I could also start staying after work, but it's so nice to be able to leave at 5:00 and know my workout is already done!

And P.S. I don't know how much longer I can stand not seeing that manfriend more often. I swear to the infinite universe, he's gonna find himself kidnapped!

3 comments:

babylamb said...

Oh how embarrassing! I would hang my towel over the curtain bar just so people are aware. Hey I'm in here.

Barb said...

That's why I would go back to work all sweaty. I sweat almost as much as you but I don't care. I'm way too shy to be showering in a public shower. I know I'm dumb! LOL Kudos to you for being brave!

Anonymous said...

i'm with barb. i just don't know that i would shower publicly. ugh. i'm not even that uptight about my body, i just.. i don't know. and yeah, i sweat, alright! i sweat more than anyone i know. a midday workout just isn't in the cards for me. ever.

and thanks for mentioning the sweaty thing. i have been ruminating on a sweat post. i may just have to write that puppy now...