"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, October 16, 2006

Bend Me Break Me....

Monday already. Aside from 80's night, my weekend pretty much sucked balls, I'm totally depressed, and thats all I have to say about that. Not many people went out, but Tayray, Todd, Kat, Matt, and my brother showed up. There was a billion people at the bar which is unusual. We had a good time despite the fact that I had the shits all day and an upset stomach. I had a few beers and was fine until I started dancing. We all went back to my house minus T&T and watched The 40 Year Old Virgin. That's always an after bar classic.

I'm all moved into my new office. Not unpacked yet. It feels weird I'm use to being up against a wall and now I'm not so I feel sort of lost in space. Send help.

My new nose screw came in the mail. It only took me about 15 minutes to get my old one out. It's a screw so it hooks in, and twists down into the nostril. Not easy. Especially not with nails. It's like that so it won't come out on its own, and I like that. When I tried to put my new one in, I noticed it's about half the size of my original peircing. It could get lost in my hole if I wasn't careful. Ok...so that sounded wrong. I decide I'll just put the old one back in, and wait to get another nice diamond when I get paid. Uh uh...not happening. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get it back in. At this point, my eyes are watering, and my nose is bleeding. I decide, this is best left to a professional, and I trucked my ass down to the local tattoo parlor.

Dude couldn't get my peircing in either. And it didn't feel nice. My nose was running and my eyes were flooding. He sold me a flat silver stud with a little diamond. Not as cute as my REAL diamonds, but it'll do. Wrong. There is no hook to hold it inside my nose, but it goes in fairly easy. I went on my way. Just like when I first got it done, there is no pain afterwards.
I wake up at 5 a.m. and it's gone. Missing. I think "holey fuck, I'm not going through this bullshit again" and I do what any logical person would do, I wake up the man and tell him to get his ass out of bed so I can find my peircing. Luckily I found it, and even better, I get it right back in. So, until I can get a new one and have it properly fitted, I'm going to be sleeping with masking tape on my nose. I know, it's totally hot. The things I do to be cool.

4 comments:

supplymadam said...

My eyes were tearing just reading this.Ouch!
Went to a comedy club Saturday,all paid for by a friend of a friend who's got some bucks. All we had to pay for was drinks and because it was a fund raiser also bought some raffles and a 50/50. Didn't win a darn thing but everyone got a Clinique bag with some cool samples.
These guys had us rolling. The last guy was so funny ny eyes were tearing. And it usually takes alot to make me laugh.
Hope you get the nose thing straightened out.

Bianca said...

For a while I really wanted to get a nose ring. A little, tiny silver stud. But I decided that it wouldn't be as unobtrusive as the hoop in the cartilage of my left ear is. Also, I would have to take it out at work. So, nah, I'll just wait and get the tattoo in January.

Janet said...

Not being able to get a piercing in is never a good thing --but in your nose? That's not fun times ten.

Fizzgig said...

supplymadam:
that's awesome about the free stuff! That would be worth the trip alone, I love that sorta thing!

Bianca:
I just did it, but my job is somewhat laid back. I'll take it out for shows and things like that. And yea, taking out and putting in, definately not fun!

Janet:
I'm done changing the thing myself, it's worth a trip down the road to let someone else do it!