"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, April 15, 2006

What A Way To Start The Day....

CP called me and told me that he wondered this morning while getting ready, looking at all the stuff I have in the bathroom, why it is that I buy things to do, what God has already done for me. It was his nice way of telling me I'm naturally beautiful.

I said well, if I didn't use all that stuff, I wouldn't be, I'd have wrinkles and dry skin and nappy hair. He told me I didn't have to look 16. I told him, to tell that to the rest of the world. I'm not comfortable aging. At least I know that when I inevitably do start to show my age, despite the lotions and potions and hair dye...that he will still think I'm pretty.

I've been up since 8 a.m. on my day off, struggling with my taxes. I filed an extension on my federal, so I'll owe them a lot more in the end. But I don't have the $ to pay the assholes. I paid my state tax outright, which wasn't as bad. I am not filing my city where I live. You hear me? Come and take me away! They want a percentage of my total income, minus what I paid already to the TWO cities I work in! Taxed in triplet, I'm a lucky fucking girl! More and more, this second job is costing me more than I'm getting for it. When all is said and done I'll be paying out over $1,000 to the government, when I've already paid them all they deserve! I'm sick over it. Any time I lose sleep, we've got problems!

The sun is shining! I've scrubbed my carpets, soaked all my mini blinds, cleaned my windows, and now I'm off to the store to get a sweeper belt. I'm hoping that will work and I can use my sweeper again. 7 pets and no sweeper for a week, makes for a freaking mess to end all messes! I can't not have a sweeper, nor can I afford to buy a new one! Maybe I shouldn't have thrown the stupid thing, but you'll have that! Then I'm off to work outside in the yard, and soak up some sunshine!!! It is such a perfect day!

3 comments:

supplymadam said...

Even though we got a refund I still stress over taxes. I know what that's like. We always had to pay except the last 5 years. That is so not fair when you struggle to get by and they have the damn nerve to ask for more. What the f@&#! One year my husband and I were on unemployment for the good part of that year and that was before having the option of the taxes taken from that and we wound up owing 1500.00. We had no jobs and no medical and we still had to pay. I almost had a nervous breakdown that year.
Anyway have a Happy Chelsea day!

Rachel said...

i hope chelsea feels better. I love the "Make Mine Chocolate" joke. Happy bunny day!

Fizzgig said...

Supplymadam: That is ridiculous! I think that stuff should be looked at on a case per case basis, not everyone is out to milk unemployment, but they act like it. CP had that problem too!