"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Do You Believe In Ghosts?...

The topic on last night's talk radio, was EVP's. Why? Because someone claims they contacted John Lenon, and they sold a pay-per-view to see the seance. What did John say? "The message is Peace" I'm not kidding. There is a better story here.

While on the subject, there was a local house being built a few years back, I remember Kat sending me the article in the repository. Construction workers left because of all the strange things happening. The investigator of that house, was on the radio with an EVP she got from it.

I've been on several ghost hunts, and never had anything bad happen. You get weird feelings now and then, just like you're being watched. I did get a mist at Mansfield Reformatory in the library. Yes, it was summer, it wasn't breath, no, there is no smoking allowed. You rule different things out. It is like hunting for anything, sometimes you don't catch anything. I can totally understand people not believing in the paranormal. It's scarey. And it's tough to prove. Unless you have your own experience, you may never believe.

There is a place near my house called Rogue's Hollow. It dates back to the 1800's it was a mining community meeting place. It's rumored to be haunted. My parents use to take us as kids to scare the crap out of us. Ever since it's been the place that scares you. We've gone in he past few years during the day, it's open. If you go at night, you get chased off by a dog! That scared the crap out of us too. I use to live closer to this place, with TWDSO. I also found headstones in the yard of his house while gardening. The whole town has them, the police said, so I guess that makes it ok? They were from the 1800's. That doesn't make it any less disrespectful! TWDSO tried to tell me that they surely moved the bodies. Like, it wouldn't have been easier to move headstones? Why move the bodies and leave the headstones? Can you say...denial?

He got really pissed at me for calling the police, and the historical society, and well, my Mom DID call the newspaper! I wasn't allowed to talk about it. It just became the joke in our group. Every time we had a get together "Let's get the shovels out". It does seem fun, if you don't live there! Now, he has to disclose that it's built on a cemetary. Thanks to me. You're very welcome asshole! That's what you get!

Now, there is an all night ghost hunt at Rogues Hollow in June. I got me and CP a spot! I don't know anyone else going, because my ghost hunting group always seems to put down things I suggest doing. So, we'll make new friends! I told Bubba and Dusty about it. Hopefully one of them will come too! I can't wait!

Do you have a ghost story?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to steal CP's spot!!! We still have to come up for vacation so I'm going to try and get mom to take the time off. I've got 3 weeks to take this year and no plans. I'll end up taking a week and sitting beside the pool at home!!

supplymadam said...

That sounds like scary fun. I heard somewhere that getting scared is actually good for you instead of the old rumor of "Being scared to Death". They called it a "jump start".
We used to live near a psychiatric center where I later wound up working for 2 years. But they had a "potter's field" where they would bury people with no family. We would drive through there at night which was quite scary.
Nothing like a "good scare". Heightens the senses.