"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, February 13, 2006

He Rode In On His White Horse.....

Well, CP definately gets my knight and shining armor award for the wknd! He spent Saturday night replacing my wheel bearing. The noise was still there. We drove it to the next town to get another wheel bearing because the local store only had one. On the way back, my ABS went out, and he got to witness the fear that is your ABS quitting, which is pretty scarey. He replaced the other wheel bearing, and both front rotors and guess what?????

MY CAR WAS FIXED!!!! We drove it and no noise, no grinding, no popping, no lights dinging on and on and on, and no brakes going out!!!!! I am so happy! It only ended up costing about 350, which was 200 cheaper than if I took it to a shop. My CP is so smart!!!!

Sunday I took all the tool rentals back, washed my car, and got gas. I left the radio on while I cleaned her out on the inside. And that was that. This morning. My car wouldn't start.

My neighbor Tayray was gone cus I leave too late for work. Luckily CP was off work today, but, we had no jumper cables. Thank goodness we got a new Auto Zone in town, cus they open at 7 a.m. and we had to truck it down there in CP's trusty 13 yr old Ford to get some cables.

CP handed them to me and I said

"Honey, I appreciate you trying to show me how to do this, but I'm NOT messing with a battery, they explode"

He said: "You need to learn how to do this, now red goes on red put it on there"

"Like this?" I said...as I closed my eyes and stretched my head back as far away as I could and did it. You know, like a total girl. No explosion. She started right up. So, Now, I am schooled in how to jump start a car! Hopefully she starts at lunch time and I don't need a new battery we priced them at $60 and I don't get paid 'til Wednesday! And, I already called off job #2 Friday.

I had a mental breakdown yesterday. Cried to my Mommy. I'm just so overwhelmed with everything, it's taking a toll on me!

So, I got my car fixed, she's running like a little trooper! I have to work at my second job longer than I wanted, which helped add to my mental breakdown, but I'm good to go!

We watched "The island" with Ewan McGregor, it was good! I didn't think I'd like it, but it is a really neat concept for a movie. Sorta started out just like that 70's movie 'Logans Run' but with a futuristic twist. I really liked it!

Today's Question:

What would you be best at, were you to change careers?

I think I'd be a good counselor. I always thought about working with women who have been abused, and helping them get their lives back together. It just seems like a rewarding job, and something I have knowledge about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left right on time this morning for once in my life! I got here two minuetes early!
I'd like to play professional softball for a career, something you love to do and could get paid for it, why not?

Anonymous said...

I'd be your first patient!!!!!
I would like to be a professional television watcher. I'm real good at that!!