"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, February 09, 2009

My So Called Life...

We got a memo Friday at work. To save money, they are going to stop delivering the mail. Each department has to go pick it up. So, instead of paying 1 person minimum wage to truck mail around, they are going to have all the admins away from their jobs for like 45 min a day. Awesome idea whoever thought of it. You rock. Of course, it doesn't bother me cus I get to delegate this job to someone. But, I feel for new new girl (ha ha) I work at a company that has 4 buildings. Three are connected, one is like, on another block.

Stay tuned to when they start to charge us to use the pisser, because this will A) make money for the company and 2) increase productivity. I am thankful to have a job, but seriously, what's next? Picking up our own mail. I have a friend who works at my old job and what, there's 25 people left in the building, and they don't get their own mail. Maybe I should send them a memo!

I got a letter from my Bank. Apparently my bankcard was one of many that may have been stolen. Luckily nothing suspicious has happened. But, you know what a pain it is to set up all your bill accounts with a new card?

I am taking yet another week off bootcamp. Why? Cus this was my life.

Wake up.
Go to work
Spend lunch working out
Leave for bootcamp
Go home
Cook breakfast and lunch for following day
Pack my workout clothes for the next day
Do dishes from said cooking
Now it's 9pm
Take a bath
Clean and watch some tv
go to bed.

lather. rinse. repeat.

Taking time off bootcamp, gives me more time in the evenings. I needed a change. I can't stand working out to be my entire life, but sadley it's all I do. My Momma likes to say that I spend all my free time with the manfriend, but I should be so lucky. I workout too much. Yea, I have to, but its also OK to take a break from time to time. I also have to plan ahead to do things with friends. Oh, you want to go out on Friday? Ok, I have to know on a Monday, because I am required to take 3 bootcamp classes or pay a pentalty, so I need to know what days to go, since I can't go Friday. Go out tonight? No way. I can't have last minute anything.

I'm going back. When I get paid. Oh yea, that's another thing, I can't afford it this month.

P.S. If you watched Desperate Housewives this week, where they went to bootcamp, that's pretty much how it is. Only, Gaby was all the new people who are too stupid to know that its their fault we do 500 jacks in a row cus they cant do 10. I hate new people.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three bootcamps a day is just crazy. How do they expect you to have some "me" time?

And the whole getting your own mail seems like it's going to cost the company more money. Sometimes those suits don't think things through.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Well, Fizz, as you know, I'm out of my job. Luckily, I'm not desperate so I'm taking a very zen approach to it all. But, yeah, companies are going to get tighter and tighter as the months pass, I fear. This economy is the pits!
As for bootcamp, you do deserve a week off, but keep moving! Seriously, if you keep up walking or some sort of exercise, you'll feel just great when you go back next week. If you don't, you'll feel it bad the first day back. Trust me on this one, I'm not trying to just be officious for fun. ;-)

LBluca77 said...

I would be like oh whoops forgot to get the mail today. I have no idea whi is responsible for picking up our mail at work.

I didn't watch desperate housewives yet but I will tonight. Finally that show is getting better.

Anonymous said...

I totally thought of you last night when I watch DH!! I was like, crap - that's what she does??

Sorry about your bank card possibly get stolen - I had mine stolen a few months back and it is such a pain in the ass!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

45 minutes to get the mail?!?!

i think that the fact that you work out as much as you do and maintain that lifestyle is exactly why i'm always gonna be fat. haha : P

Anonymous said...

That's like my life. Except replace working out with cleaning. It's all I do. All the time.

Fizzgig said...

Mike:
its stupid and unproductive.
Plus, bootcamp is three times a week...but I also workout twice a day on those three days.

merider:
oh im moving alright. every. day. blehhhhh.

lbluca77:
you know what that means? they will speed back to 5 years ago next season to mess us all up.

alexa:
its a big builing, plus you gotta sort the mail and cart it back.
Yea, its so much work, thats why im never going to be skinny. this is enough work. i like to eat.

heather:
you should start a merry maids business. you should do what you love!