"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pat On The Back...

Today, I got a note from my boss at work. Followed by a literal "pat on the back." She really gave me a few good pats. Remember, we had that meeting, where we discussed how I didn't check my work because someone else would?

I really checked my newsletters, and checked them twice before passing them off to be proofed. I got this little note:

Well done! Very nice job. Well worth the extra effort you took and it definatly shows. Thank you for taking what was discussed in our meeting to heart and applying it to your work. Beautiful job.

I mean, I'm not one to brag, but c'mon, clearly, I rock. I've been also been taking seriously, how #1 on our daily task list is getting breakfast/coffee. I've been going the first half hour I'm at work now. That's serious alright. And now all the girls are jealous that I'm the favorite. I can't help my greatness.

I was shot right of my pedastal, when the 9 phone meetings I set up with district managers fell through for my VP. Those assholes never called in at their scheduled times, and it made me look bad. I'm not the one who got yelled at for missing a meeting, but I am the one who set them up. I also set them up monthly with no problems, so I think my VP knows better than to think it was my fault. I quickly confirmed the final four before they could screw up too. Dicks.

Speaking of work. A girls back from maternity leave. All she talks about is her damn kid. I mean, what is the point of becoming a mother if you lose all sense of yourself and your world becomes a child? She laughs. She cries. She shits. She eats. She cries. I mean its a baby. I just dont get it. My friends with kids aren't like that. They still are among the general population of the world that still have a lives. Yet another reason I don't want kids. They make you boring.

I felt a little better last night, after going on a bike ride with CP. Exercise is sure good for the soul. I hadn't worked out over the weekend. But I still got my five days. We went on another part of the towpath, we drove to it, and rode it until it ended. It was really a good one, mostly up hill, so I felt good about it.

I'm so exhausted. I can't wait to go back to work this weekend. Well, the money will be nice. Funny how life works out. I dunno what I'd be doing financially, if I weren't working every weekend. I don't want to, but I need to.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't it amazing what a little bit of acknowledgement can do for morale at work? Congrats to you! Exercise really is good for the soul - I felt so much better after my run tonight after having slacked off...it's great because it makes you want to keep exercising!

Erin said...

You do rock!! I know, it is wonderful when the boss acknowledges something you do - she sounds great!