"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, June 11, 2007

Material Girl...

I visited my brother at the hospital last night. Ya, he's still in there. The hole in his leg is considerably smaller, but they are trying to regulate his blood to send him home. He's doing good though. The point of this was about me of course, that even though I got home after 8, I still worked out. Cus I'm freaking awesome like that! Normally, if I don't go right home after work, and get right to working out, I find 10,000 excuses not to do it. But my reason last night was that I'd be pissed at myself if I went another week without my 6 days. I'm the only one in control of my own life. And since we know I love to control stuff, there you go. I make me happy.

Plus CP bought me some beer. I havn't had it's icy coldness for quite some time, and I thought I had to definatly work out if I wanted to partake in a frosty one. Note to all: beer is an excellent motivator.

So, like...ummmm, three weeks ago I special ordered a ring from work. I had my eye on it, and it was never in when I wanted to buy it. So I ordered it. Then when it came in last week, I had to have it sized. I've been waiting three weeks, and up to five for my damn ring. I'm feeling lucky this week. Hopefully it'll be in tomorrow.

I can't find a picture of it even to post. That's how special it is. Well, maybe not, but it's different. It's just white gold, and diamond chips made to look antique. It'll tide me over, until I buy myself a big fat diamond ring one day.

I entered a drawing today to win some jewelry. I'm telling you the company is smart. You invest most of your money back into it buying shit. Anyways, it's for cancer, so I'm helping people out. I entered to win a Seiko watch, white gold with a pink face, cus it's cute, and twice to win a tanzenite ring, cus it's pretty sweet. The drawing is on Friday. Wish me luck.

I havn't had my hair done since April. April people! I have roots, and my hair is all scraggly. I can't get in for three weeks. I need to start pre-booking my freaking appointments a month in advance. If I was good at dealing with change, and trusting people, I could go somewhere else. But, I'm not.

I wonder if it's warm enough to go to the lake yet? I'd love to go swimming this weekend.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Can't wait to see the ring! Too bad it is taking so damn long!

And, I can beat you on the hair - I haven't cut it since FEBRUARY! I don't know what the hell I'm waiting for :(