"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, June 25, 2007

Loyal To a Fault...

This Monday royally blows. Why you ask? Because I don't have a weekend to look forward to. Mine will be spent working. While I feel it is my duty to help my brother out, I sure can't wait to have my apartment back to myself. I am a girl who loves her me-time for which I have had none in weeks. What's worse, my brother can't even go back home until I help him get things together at his own place, and we know from my recent work bitching, I don't have a weekend off until July 13th. And by then, I'm going to want a weekend to fucking do nothing! Calgon? Take me away?

I'm always a sticker. A loyal friend thru and thru. A loyal employee, who sticks it out when the company is going to shit, only to be let go. A loyal wife who forgives abuse and cheating, only to be the one left one day. A loyal employee who gets screwed in her work schedule, yet won't quit for the guilt she'd feel in doing so. An ex-fiance that lets you move back in with her because for some reason she wants to believe all the bullshit you tell her. The most recent installment in my loyalty is my bank.

I've been with the same bank for 17 years. I paid off a car loan with them. Sure, I've had overdrafts, but I never closed my account to save myself the fees, I took it like a trooper. So, 7 years ago I filed bankruptcy, and included a $5,000 loan (for the marriage that failed mind you) from said bank. That shit bank has never given me anything. They wouldn't even let me open a savings account. A SAVINGS account. I could have another checking, but not a savings. So I got one at another bank.

For the past 7 years I've been building my credit back up. My score is past the mid-point, which if you ask me is pretty damn good for someone who has a bankruptcy, foreclosure, and reposession under her belt. I've since had 2 car loans which I pay faithfully, a couple credit cards, a washer/dryer loan that I paid off in 6 months same as cash, and I was approved for a mortgage 3 years ago. I'd say I'm doing pretty well.

I tried to get overdraft protection, at my bank of 17 years last week. This would be the second time I tried in three years. Guess what? I was denied. Denied, because it's only available as a visa card. I think it's time I break the cycle of loyalty with a lot of things in my life. And, I'm going to start with my fucking bank. Assholes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! FirstMerit sucks ass!

Anonymous said...

I can help you get your overdraft fees back from FirstMerit. Let me know. - Jon jon@getthebank.com