"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, August 28, 2008

Suckage...

I didn't get to see my manfriend last night. Which totally blows, because if I don't see him on Wednesday's, we're a weekend romance. Sigh. He had a long trip last night at work. I told him at 11 it was too late cus by the time he got there it'd be time to go to sleep. I may love snuggling with the boy, but it's an almost hour trip.

I keep telling myself the right place will come along for me to move to where we will be closer together, and I'll be closer to work. Closer will still be far, but until we decide to take the big leap, that's all I can do. I also cried last night. I'm such a puss when it comes to him. I kinda can't stand it. Sometimes I wonder wtf we are waiting for. I have never dated someone a year and not lived with them (except in high school). And then I remember, I also am not with any of those people anymore. And, the boy has never been on his own before, and I firmly believe everyone should make it on their own. I have mixed feelings about it. I know waiting is right. But it hurts. And it sucks. And writing about it is making me wanna cry again. Next!

My ear still freaking hurts. It's my throat/ear. It's probably because in true Ohio fashion it was 100 degrees, and now it's in the 60s at night. So, my boss says I'll wind up with vertigo. Then Erin scares the crap out of me with her ordeal. Web MD says, they go away on their own. C'mon people! Stop scaring me! I've been too worn out from it to workout, and that's making me depressed. I am one of those people that neeeeeds the exercise as a mood stabilizer. Otherwise I'm like...eh.

I made hummus last night! I'm in love! It was super easy. Only, I don't have a food processor, and used the blender. Hallelujah! I also didn't find tahini, or sesame seeds to make it, so I used olive oil. I'm going to make red pepper hummus next.

And my blender kinda took a poo so I'm going to have to get a new one. After I made that I tried to make a smoothie and all it did was kick the ice around. I've had it a while, I guess its time has come. I plan to eat hummus until I puke. That's awesome.

If you need a good laugh, click here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm Santa and the blender thing...member?

Patti Cake said...

You need antibiotics for the ear. I don't think they clear up on their own and can be extraordinarily painful. BUT you will feel better within a day of taking them.

Anonymous said...

I love making hummus and use the blender too! Key is to make very small batches, transfer to another bowl, and once it's all smooth, stir it all together by hand. Yummy. I also burned out my first blender trying to do too much at once.

Fizzgig said...

Momma:
Santa can come early, or have two. I cant wait 4 months with no smoothees...or HUMMUS! mmm!

Patti Cake:
great. I'm gonna have a melted ear. What if it's a bug in there?

Amy:
thats brilliant. Where were you yesterday? lol. seems like common sense now.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry for scaring you!!! I'm just being honest - patti is right, you absolutely need antibiotics because it can get worse. And by the way, as much as you hate to hear it, you can get vertigo too - it is quite common with an inner ear infection which is what it sounds like you have from the amount of pain. Earaches that go away do so within 3 days tops - not over a week.

Again, not trying to scare you but I just don't want to see you in pain anymore!!

Barb said...

About a year ago I had vertigo. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through (except for my cancer). I could not walk. The world was rocking and rolling around me. It's not like being dizzy. Super scary. I was bawlng when I was at the doctor. She checked first for any kind of stroke or brain turmor w/ a simple finger wave (ya know, watch my finger thing) anyway, after a while I was ok. Still comes on occasion...she said it is caused by fluid inbetween the ears (something like that). Please take care of your ears..it might get serious!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Tell your mom to get you one of the food processers WITH a blender too!

Oh, yeah, if it ain't gone away in a week then get some antibiotics (even though I think they are way overused this is one of the times when they should be used).

Try to find some sesame oil for the hummus, BTW. Hmmmmm, you can't find tahini (middle eastern delicacy) in upper mid west of the US? Shocking!