"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, August 15, 2008

Case of the Mondays...




I was in the big city visiting the manfriend yesterday, and I totally saw the famous clip from Napoleon Dynamite acted out on the streets of Lakewood, (only the best movie EVER) as pictured to the left. Only, instead of the roller blades, the kid in the back was on a skateboard. As we wizzed by them in the car I said "he's getting pulled into town!" Then, he biffed it off his skateboard and down a hill. The only thing better would be if he caught some roadrash. I might have mentioned...I don't much care for children. Reason 324,567,890,124 not to have kids. I might laugh at their stupidity vs. helping clean their cuts.



I remember doing this on roller skates. Only, it was these metal skates that fit over your shoes. (remember those?) You had to have a key to adjust them, which made then so much cooler. That was dangerous. I bet today, that company would be sued in a heartbeat for endangering children. I swear, what's the point in having kids cus they can't have any fun?


My weekend was pretty easy. Friday I met Katie out for dinner at El Rincon (mmm) and met the gals at the Moonbeam for drinks. I put a cigarette out in my beer and drank it. In my defense, we were outside, it was dark, and I had a lime in my Corona already. It tasted pretty good. I hung with my manfriend that I'm madly in love with, and he cooked us yumeeee chicken on the barbie. He's the cutest sleeper. Even if he sometimes drools a spot bigger than his head. Leave him alone.



Then we saw Mirrors. Aaaack. Some would think it was horrifically spookey. But for me, it was just a good movie, with a good plot for a horror flick! I'm not easily scared at all. I did get "BOO!" scared a few times. And, one scene I had to look thru squinty eyes at, but other than that, 4 thumbs up.

P.S. Big Brother. Not much excitement. But (spoiler) I'm hoping the reason Renney put Jerry up vs. Ollie is so if one wins the veto, she can put Ollie up. Cuz, April is gonna cry her way out of going home. She annoys me. And for the record, she is not prettier than Keesha. As she stated was the reason Keesha didn't like her. Are you serious?

3 comments:

Anna Maria Pellizzari said...

Cigarette in a beer? That's a new one (to me, anyway)! Props to you, wild woman. I couldn't do that - let alone the whole tequila worm thing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend as usual :)

And you are right, April is definitely not prettier than Keesha... April is way more fake and I hate fake!

Anonymous said...

You know you're having a good time when you don't care that you just drank beer with a cigarette in it!!