"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, August 21, 2008

Analyze This...

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who remembers 80% of her dreams. I wake up almost nightly remembering dreams. Sometimes they are scarey and I have to get up out of bed, because going back to sleep only replays the dream over and over. (why can't that happen when you are having a kick ass sex dream?) Sometimes they are wack, and sometimes they stick with you so much you wonder what they mean.

Last week I remember having a dream about a snake. I woke up wondering what my dream was and a snake came to mind, then I thought, "it's OK, Dad was there". (sidenote for those that don't know my dad died in 2001) I went back to sleep.

On Tuesday night, I dreamt about my Dad again. His birthday is September 11th, but other than that I don't know why I'm dreaming about him latley. I normally don't. In this dream, I was in the house I grew up in. It's always been my dream to buy this house, so I drive by hoping it'll be on the market from time to time. In my dream I bought it. And it looked exactly the same. Yellow walls, and ugly brown carpet, and yellow and orange kitchen tile. Very vivid dream. Very detailed. The kind that John Edward describes as visits. (sidenote: I happened to attend a John Edward conference, and one of my coworkers/friends at the time, was called on for a reading, and it was very real. Haters)

Dad came over, and I asked him wasn't it weird to be here (in that house) after all of this time? He told me it was harder than he thought it would be. He sat on my couch and told me his day to day activities, because apparently he was retired, and quite bored with nothing to do. He found a letter or card from my Mom and wanted to read it, and teared up a bit. Then my Mom was there after he left, asking me 20 questions (in her true form) about what he said, and how he acted when he said it, and "repeat it word for word".

Then I was on a road trip with my Mom. I took her to the boat at Put in Bay to catch a ride to the island..at night. I told her not to be afraid. I left on a trip to who knows where, and had the same recurring dream I keep having. Crossing the bridge, covered with water. Usually, the bridge is straight up in the air and I can't get up it (like when they lift up to let boats through, a toll bridge...) or there is huge waves crashing over the bridge, and I'm afraid to cross. The last one I had, the boy was with me, and he drove me over the bridge safely. This one, the water wasn't rough, just over the bridge and it was hard to tell where the road was. Like I had to "drive on water" to cross it.

I stopped at a rest area and picked up a sign (and almost stole it) that said "pacific ocean". This is important because I am always saying how the Atlantic is crappy. The pacific ocean would mean to me, clear water. Not dirty, muddy water like I usually dream about.

I looked up all the symbols. They seem to all be pretty good symbols. I have been working on my spirituality, and myself for a long time now. If I put together the progression of the dreams, they seem to be getting better.

Bridge
A rise in the level of consciousness on the part of the dreamer; heightened awareness
Bridges symbolise decisions that we are finding hard to make. To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage.

(I hope that the positive changes that bring prosperity involve that boy. Or, winning the lottery. Or..both. Sidenote: I bought a rock in Virginia Beach that says "prosperity")

Boat:
To dream that you are in or see a boat, signifies your ability to cope and express your emotions. Pay particular attention to the condition and state of the waters, whether is is calm or violent, clear or murky, etc. Are you "smooth sailing"? Alternatively, you may be ready to confront your unconscious and unknown aspects of yourself.

(water was calm and clear when I took Mom to the boat...smooth sailing for me)

Water
To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment.

(I'm hoping this is a nod to the healing I've been working on with regards to my past, and letting go of toxic feelings. And, my continued effort to find my spirituality)

Waves:
To see muddy, violent waves in your dream, signifies that a fatal error was made in an important decision.

(these were in my recurring dream until this time. This time the water was clear, and calm on the bridge)

Ocean:
To see an ocean in your dream, represents the state of your emotions and feelings. It is indicative of some spiritual refreshment, tranquility and renewal.
To dream that you are traveling across the ocean, signifies new found freedom and independence. You are showing great courage.

(there is a recurring theme with all these symbols which is spirituality)

Calm Water (like this dream)
To see calm, clear water in your dream, signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation.

(again with the spirituality. and I definately have peace of mind for the first time ever)

Parents
To see your parents in your dream, symbolizes both power, shelter, and love. It represents the merging of the female and male aspects of your character.
To see your father in your dream, symbolizes authority and protection. It suggests that you need to be more self-reliant. To see your mother in your dream, represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection.

(this could be be a reminder to keep my sense of independence. tricky one)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is fascinating....really.

I am like you - I remember most if not all of my dreams in detail. I still remember dreams I had a few years ago. One day I should research what they really mean, I bet I would find out a lot, lol.