"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful...

I'm thankful for the fact that I don't have to work tomorrow. At either job! I'm also thankful for the fact that I don't work the second job on Friday. So, it's almost like a vacation. Almost, but not quite. I wore a stupid-ass Brown's sweatshirt, so I could wear jeans. You know, like in Office Space. "Friday is hawaiian shirt day! So, you can wear a hawaiian shirt...and jeans". It's the little things that make us paper pushers happy. New ink cartridges?! Awesome! Jeans day?! Look! We got different colored kleenex boxes!

What I'm not thankful for, is last night at the second job? They had me doing a job the tards do. Shut it about being politically correct, I don't care. They get paid an hourly rate, to hit 1 button. I don't. The job scans into the system, but can't read numbers or letters and it "flags" them. You hit a button. "1"..."g"...You get about 200 keystrokes per job. Normally, i get about 15,000. This means that I made 5.89 per hour last night. And that was only because I did my regular jobs for 2 hours. I made $7 for the 2.5 I did the tard work. You know, I made like $3 an hour my whole shift. Is that legal? I was totally pissed. They were behind so they had a bunch of us doing it. That shit didn't even pay for the gas for me to drive out there, and it's gonna fuck up my average hourly rate too! But that's messin up my positive post about being thankful and stuff.

*ahem*

I'm also thankful for Tara who is going to feed my poochie for me tomorrow and give her med's so I can go to the man's tonight and be in manly bliss! We're gonna go out for a while, and then I'm spending the holiday with him. Ack! It may be less stressful on me if I'm already there. We'll see. But tonight after work(s) I have to rush home, bath the dog (twice) bath myself (once) get myself ready, make two pies, pack my shit, and get the hell outta dodge!

Then, I'm thankful for my life, which as much as I complain, isn't bad at all. I really am lucky to have the friends I have who support me even if I'm sometimes irrational, and they always want me to be happy. A family that I can be myself with and they still love me. The fact that I know myself, and where I've been, and where I'm going. And a boyfriend that happens to be the sexiest man to ever live. He makes me smile, and laugh, and gives me the butterflies and tinglies just thinking about him. When I'm with him, I feel like the most special girl in the world, and he's everything I've ever wanted. Forever wouldn't be long enough. Sniff sniff.. *sigh*. Yea, I've got it pretty good!

*edit*

I'm thankful the fucker that rear-ended me on my lunch break, didn't smash up my nice new car. Or make me hit the guy in front of me. And, it appears the damage may just need buffing.

No comments: