"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, May 12, 2007

What a Way to Spend a Saturday....

Another day, another $8.25 an hour. I swear, this job is for the birds. As much as I hate working midnight hours, no one really bothers me, and it's tolerable. The phone rings about 5 times in 8 hours, and the only people that come in are to pick up their drunk friends. Today, I switched shifts with another girl, who wanted to spend time with her kids tomorrow on Mother's Day. And since you all know how kind-hearted I am (as my nose grows) I switched with her. I don't think I'll be doing that again. Not to mention, it's a beautiful afternoon, a breezy, sunny day and I'm stuck inside.

I've realized that people of the world whine and complain about the stupidest shit. I'm use to dealing with fights, loud neighbors, and drunks on the night shift. During the day? Well, people bitch about the same things, but c'mon - your neighbors are going to be loud, it's the afternoon. Some 60 year old man was arrested today for stealing mail. So, I have stacks of peoples mail they keep coming in to get. Therefore, annoying me. I have plenty of paperwork to do. But being that I only work weekends, I only know how to do half of it. Not to mention - I don't feel like it. Sue me.

It was really funny that this old man came in to tell me an old woman hit his car in the parking lot, but there was no damage, and he just wanted us to know she was around town. He didn't want to file a report against her, because she was really old. This was a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Old folks just want to talk to someone. I told him my name a few times and he still called me Martha.

I thought there would be some excitement, we got a call about two men waving a gun around at a house wearing a ski mask, and a hoodie. The calls came fast over the scanner, between dispatch and the officers. The sirens blaring. Turned out...it was just kids playing in the yard. That's what happens when you have nosey neighbors.

We have a dog in the sally port (don't ask me why they call it that) in a cage. I feel bad for it, looks like a big poodle, in a little cage. The dog warden was suppose to come get it today but he called and said he wont be out until tomorrow. It breaks my heart to think it's going to go to the pound, and probably be put to sleep. It's sad out there in the cage. I want to go take it a biscuit when everyone is out on the road. That will make me feel even worse about it. Poor thing. I keep watching it on the monitor out there, pacing in that little cage.

Before I left, my de-humidifier had overflowed in my laundry room. I had no time to clean it up, so that will be something fun to tend to when I get off work at 11. After I trek it to the store to get cat food. 3-11 is a shit shift. No time in the morning, no time at night. It just plain sucks. All I got done today, was I worked out. And I had a smoothie. Big whoop.

P.S. For mother's day I bought myself some tanzenite stud earrings. I deserved them, and the price I got them for (at work) I couldn't pass up. I have my eye on these little ditties next!

No comments: