"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Verdict Is In...

So, I went down to the health fair. There was also a UV testing for your face, but it cost $4. I didn't do that. I love my sunshine. They had a nurse from the hospital to do the BMI testing, it was just that machine that you hold. And...they weigh you. I am not friends with the scale. But I do know what I weighed the last time I got on a scale a few months ago. So, I have lost about 17 lbs since then. Go me! I lift 16 lbs when I do my arms, so I know that's heavy! My BMI? Well, it was off the charts! Literally!

The nurse said that our gym at work, is going to start having a "staff". Personal trainers. Nutritionists. Is that the most awesome thing? For free? She said to save the paper for a base line, and then I'll have something to work from when that starts. She said it's not accurate, and the only true way to know muscle vs. fat is to do the water tank thing. She said you shouldn't weigh yourself but take measurements to see how you are doing. I do this with things like, I want to get my hands around my calves. I have an inch to go. Before, it was about three inches. Yea. And the fact that my clothes feel way different. Even my brazier! So, even though taking the test told me I'm obese, I don't put much stock in it. My coworker who isn't even overweight was in the overweight range. So - what, ev, errrrr! You won't get me down! I also ate yogurt, strawberries, green peppers, a banana, and 1 liter of water before being weighed, so I might even be down another pound or two. Not to mention, I bought myself diamonds yesterday, and seriously people, it makes a girl feel fabulous! I never bought myself stuff like that before!

The health fair was way bigger than I thought it would be. It was like going to a mini-convention for real! Tons of people. Lots of free pens. All downstairs.

I dropped off my little pupper butt this morning for her tooth extraction. You know, their cleaning her teeth again? Um, just had that done in November thanks. Her teeth aren't dirty their rotten. It's "included" whatever. I'm sure it'd be like $50 to get a tooth pulled vs. $227 they are charging me. It's highway robbery! Now, I'm awaiting the call to tell me she is OK. I don't know when they'll do it, any time before 5. Yesterday when I got home, she brought me her squeaky toy to play! I love when my girl isn't sick, she's the cutest ever! The atibiotics were working on her infection, finally!

I'm going to ride bikes tonight with CP. It'll be fun, I love doing something different once in a while. Even though I love xwalking and watching TV, it's nice to enjoy the sunshine before its 90 degrees and 100% humidity.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Isn't it heart warming for them to tell you that you are a fat cow? I mean seriously...must they prove it by telling you the exact amount. Ugh. Like I don't already KNOOOOOOOOOW I'm a fat cow, thx though. LOL

Glad to hear the doggie's teeth are doing better! Poor thing!

And YAYNESS for DIAMONDS! LOOOOOOOOVES me some diamonds. :D