"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not a very fun post today. My Chelsea bunny died yesterday. She was just as much my baby as my other pets. It's really sad. The way she looked when I got home I knew she was gone. She didn't look like it was an easy death, which made it worse to look at. Luckily CP came over, and he got her out and wrapped her in a towel for me.

From work, I called my vet, who is closed on Wednesdays. You'd think I would learn that after all this time. Theyd have to call her into the emergency hospital for me. I did pray yesterday for her to go on her own if that was what was meant to be. I didn't want to have to take her to emergency, go through all the hoping, and end up having to put her down. I feel really guilty that I havnt been able to keep up with her monthly visits for her ear since losing my
job in November. I don't know what it was that killed her, but I'm sure that didn't help. She also had a chronic respiratory infection, it flared up and she'd be treated, and it would subside.

I didn't say goodbye to her until CP dug the hole. I couldn't look at her. Looking at her made it so much worse. I put her in a box with a towel, and marked her spot with a bunny statue. I will miss her funny little antics. Stealing dollar bills from my purse. Her incessant bunny kisses. Her and her slinky. Her whiskers in my face. It's one more soul to meet me when it's my time to go.

Here is a tip. When someone's pet dies, don't say "get another -fill in the blank-". Just because you think of the pet as not part of the family doesn't mean they don't. My bunnies were just as important to me as my cats.

I was happy CP was there to help me. I couldn't do all that stuff without being hysterical. He got my gas for me. Tried to make me feel better, which is hard when a pet dies. Then he pissed me off. Brought up the trip he wants to take me on in April, back to the cabin we went to in December. He asked if I was going to tell him I slept with someone else while we are there, like I did the last time. Basically asking me if I've been with someone recently, while I'm upset that my bunny died. It pissed me off. A lot.

I slept until 11, watched Lost, and went to bed. I wasn't even excited for Lost. When I watched it, I was less impressed. What the fuck is wrong with John? He pisses me off. Sounds to me, like the people on the Island, all know "The Secret" too. But I wont be blowing anything up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad about baby bunny. i know you loved her and she was entertaining. pouhka came to me today when i was crying AGAIN. as mean as i have been to him, he forgives me. that's a pets unconditional love for ya.
so sorry momica

Becca said...

ohhh soo sad. I had a bunny that got to much heat.. it was devastating.

Last night I was thinking, what is LOST even about anymore!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your bunny. I know how sad I would be if I lost either of my kitties. It doesn't matter what kind of pet it is. You absolutely can start to think of them as family. Especially when you get to snuggle with them.

Celina said...

Awww! I'm sorry about your bunny!