"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, March 09, 2007

Mom's surgery went well. She's still in the hospital and from what my sister says, she's not happy about it either. You know they want to keep you in there to charge you an arm and a leg. It's the American way. Sis said she is going to take time off work to help Momma, since she has pins in her one hand and the other is in a cast. She'll need help with her hygein. I'm glad it's her and not me. Sorry Momma. And in my Mom's true form, she is of course concerned about how her eyelashes look, and how she is going to curl her hair.

At work I met with one of my VP's and my manager to go over his expectations of me. It was pretty interesting. He asked if I thought his job was more important than mine, and of course, I was like uh, yea. I am but a lowely secretary. He said he doesn't think that at all, and that we are a team, and he can't do his job without me. I guess it made me feel a little better about my job and all. He said he wants to depend on me more, and in turn, I'll learn more about the company, and we both win. I like that sorta thing. It's hard being new, not knowing who to ask for things, or where to turn when you have questions outside of the department. That is something that only comes with time.

I have to friggin work St. Patty's day at the police station. If I wasn't poor and getting a 13 hour pay check next week, I'd just call off. I only work 3-11 so hopefully I can still go out and kickit with my homies. St. Patty's day is an excellent day for drinking.

Don't forget we turn our clocks ahead on Sunday. It's going to save us all a load of money on our energy. I really don't believe that, but whatever.

No comments: