"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rolling Over The Hump...

I feel like I've been beaten down and stomped on a few times. I'm so beat! I'm back to the office today. Hoo-rah. We had tear down yesterday, which lasted 5 freaking hours. It was a mess. It should only take a couple of hours but our new displays were a pain in the ass. I didn't get home until almost 10pm! The only good thing about staying so late was all the free plants I took. Gerbera daisies, being the hot item on my list. I got tons of perennials from our booth, and some mini rose bushes. They will come to work on our truck this afternoon. I also scammed some carpet for my bunny condo. Free shit rocks.

Last time I posted I planned on having some R&R but I ended up going to Ohio State University with my coworkers, and the bosses wife. We have a perennial trial garden there, and we took a tour. It was pretty nice. I liked to see a lot of the plants I have at home growing there, and got some ideas on what to do with my grasses. I did get to work out again at the hotel, and I received my first workout compliment!! There was another girl on the eliptical, and when she was done she asked if she could turn the TV up for me, and said "you run a hell of a lot better than I ever could". It was awesome! Especially since I only recently have moved from fast walking to running on the treadmill. I am able to keep at a steady pace for about 15 minutes, which for me is a huge accomplishment! After that workout I swam for about 20 minutes, it was really relaxing to have the gym to myself.

Being home is really weird. I am thankful to be back at my cushy desk job, that's for sure. That manual labor crap is for the birds! CP did a pretty good job with the animals, but my house smells. If you don't clean up every day, it happens with 7 pets. Now I have a job ahead of me to clean everything up to my specifications. I was shocked at how much my dog missed me! It felt good! All my cats slept on my pillow! The bunnies, havn't decided to be nice to me just yet, their spiteful. I miss being in my freezing hotel room. Air conditioning is the bomb. Back to the grind. Where my day actually ends at 4:30 and I'm on my own watch. I don't have to eat out all the time, and I get to sit on my butt for 8 hours vs. walking on concrete. My feet will thank me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your back!!! Work just isn't the same w/o you!!

Celina said...

Leaving home is always fun (like a mini adventure), but the best part is when you get back and get the "warm-tinglies" for being HOME! Showering in your own bathroom, sleeping in your own bed, snuggling with your honey & kids...

Rachel said...

Work sucks!!! I love vacations but I always need a follow-up to vacation from the vacation before going back to work. Pets are the most awesome--especially bunnies. Bunnies ROCK!

Fizzgig said...

Tayray:
It's nice to be missed. I'm such a ray of sunshine in the office.
Celina:
Isn't that the truth! home sweet home!
Rachel:
My bunny girl Chels decided to make up with me last night she was being her adorable kissy bunny self. She isn't mad at me anymore for abandoning her.