"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pet My Peeves...

I'm out of here for 4 days! Freedom! Not like I'll enjoy it, I'm cleaning, and planting. But, I'm sleeping in dammit! Fireworks are Saturday too, I'm having some peeps over! I'm trying to do my expense report from the trade show, and it seems that I managed to piss away $58.80 on myself, that I can't expense. This really blows, now I gotta pay back the company.

I watched an episode of Dirty Jobs (my new favorite show) that showed how they make 'cracklin's' which is fried pork fat, and some type of sausage called Bodin. Let me just re-state for the billionth time, the reason I do not eat penis shaped meats......they are all fucking sick! I am more confident in my choice than ever. People eat fried fat. Fried....fat. ....I've also learned exactly how mushrooms are grown, you all think it's just a nice smelly shit pile, but you're terribly wrong. I don't eat those either.

So, for shits and giggles I've compiled a teeny tiny list of things I hate. This of course, is a condensed list. Happy weekend all!!!

Being ignored. Especially when I'm talking! You go a few weeks at a time living with someone who acts like you are not there, and see how much you like to be ignored, when you already hated being ignored to begin with! I like someone to listen to me when I am engaged in a conversation. I was talking yesterday and someone asked me 3 times if I was done talking. How fucking rude is that? Pretty fucking rude! I wouldn't say I have to be the center of attention, but I believe when someone is talking, you give them the respect you expect, and listen to them.

Being Interrupted. Ever be in the middle of telling a story, and someone cuts you off to tell a story that has nothing to do with what you were talking about, then, won't let you finish talking when you clearly started talking first? Then, when it is brought to their attention that they totally disregarded the fact that you were talking to them.

Cutting me off in the car, only to go 20mph. I mean, you just have to cut me off when no one was behind me, just so you could slow down and be a dick! People who do this should be shot.

Labels. I don't like being referred to as...'she' or 'her' when someone is in my presence. For instance, 3 of you standing around holding a book. You want to give me a book, so you tell the person next to you, "Give this to her" I don't know why this pisses me off, I think it goes along the lines of being dismissed or ignored. Like you can't even take the time to utter my name. Or if your on the phone with someone and you say "she doesn't want to go" When I'm standing right there, I think it's respectful to use someones name.

Prejudice. We are all a little prejudice. I'd be lying if I said I weren't. I don't flaunt mine, and I'm not proud of it. I hate when people aren' t ashamed to be assholes in public about this shit. I'm polish, I've been hated on plenty, and have people laugh at me simply because I am. Get a freakin' life!

Forgetfulness. I have a calendar. It's free from Hallmark each year. If you make plans with me, write it down. If you have to do something, write it down, so that when I ask you to make plans, you can say ah, I have something going on. I can't stand planning something and the last minute someone forgets they had to go to Mexico or something.

Braking on the expressway. It's called the expressway for a reason. Get off the fucking brakes already!!!! Old people are the biggest offenders. Do not let me wear cat clothes when I'm old, or put on the brakes on the e-way.

One Upping. I think everyone has a friend who has to one up them. If you're having a party. they have been thinking about it, and hurry to plan one FIRST? You never have an experience they havn't had too. Sometimes it's nice to talk to a friend or tell a story and get a reaction, instead of a better story. If everyone doesn't have a friend like this, then how the hell did I get so lucky?

6 comments:

supplymadam said...

I love the titles of your blogs.
I have a friend who interupts constantly when you are talking. You ever get 3 or more women trying to talk over each other?It sounds like a hen house.
People who cut you off only to go 20mph? HATE IT!
Braking on the expressway! It's called a gas pedal people! Isn't that like going a express line at the supermarket with mor than 12 items? It slows down the flow.
Man I just had mushrooms for lunch. Are you anti-fungi?
This is gonna sound wierd but my brother went to a nutritionist and he told him that mushrooms were one of the best things you can eat.

Celina said...

I love that show! Always makes me thankful for the jobs I DON'T have to do! :) And, I love mushrooms & sausage (penis-shaped foods)!
As for your pet peeves, YES, YES, and YES!! Although I do sometimes interrupt, or have other stories to share, I think I'm in that good "middle ground" where my stories ADD TO whatever the other person is talking about. Don't even get me started on Road Rage! ACK!!

LatinaGoddessOfLife said...

Rock on! I'm liking your perspective on things...you've got a wicked sense of humor!

Hugs from the Big Apple!

Frances D said...

Great post. I had a neighbor who lived to one up me. I finally got so ticked off that I began to retaliate. What a war it was!
LOL.
Hope your weekend has been marvelous so far.
Take care

Rachel said...

great list. hope you have an awesome weekend. I can't stand being ignored but i'm guilty of interrupting! I'm working on it though! I hate bad drivers on the interstate too. Most of all, I hate lack of patience and rudeness. Chill out, people! We'll get there eventually! I also hate judgemental, opinionated people. They're like assholes...well, you've heard that one. Anyway, keep it to yourself. We don't want to hear it! We're just going to do our own thing anyway! And that's okay.

Fizzgig said...

Supplymadam: I don't like mushrooms, I'm sure their quite nutritious. The way they are grown just grosses me out. I'm an odd ball!

Celina: I have road rage...just a lil! I just don't like when someone interrupts to go off on a completely different story when your not finished with yours first.

latina: a NY-er! Welcome!

JEM: Thank you, I bet that was an interesting 'war'. Retaliation rocks!

Kentucky: I can say that 99% of the time I too, hate others!