"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, July 07, 2006

Contact.....

They finally got the computers up and running! I made it! I'm working like a dog, sweating like a man, and doing back breaking work! We worked yesterday until almost 7 pm. We had a booth custom made, and none of the friggin peices fit together. That was a joy. It took us 5 hours to do what should have taken 2 hours. When we went to check in the hotel, they told me I'd have to move to a non smoking room. Me, having not smoked in several hours, didn't take this too lightly. I was pretty pissed off, they are renovating my floor. I said I wanted my smoking room for the night, and called my coworker to have her handle it. I stayed in and ordered room service, which was nasty. The only thing they had mildly what I would like was Asian pancakes. I hated it. And apple pie, YUM. Then room service called to see how it was. Then they called to bring me fruit and water that I didn't want.
I didn't know room service meant harassment!

I watched Big Brother and did some exercising in the room, called CP and went to bed. It was a stressful day with the crap going on with our booth. We were all pissed off and cussing up a storm. This morning I called the front desk to see what was going on with my room, and they told me I didn't have to move. They were fixing my TV. Sweet! My room is awesome. I have 4 pillows, and that makes me smile. I also have a down blanket to snuggle with and my AC set to 55. Loving that!

Today I have been working even harder painting, unpacking plants, and carrying heavy stuff. I have several more hours to work until we are free. We're going to dinner with a group of people. I need a freakin' drink! Trade shows are hard, m'kay?

No comments: