"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, April 30, 2012

So I'm Not an Ironman...

One of my friends from school is on leave from the army where he is a Ranger. He told me he runs my pace and wanted to go on a 4 mile with me while he was here.

He made me bleed. And btw, he does not run my pace. He had a full on catch up conversation about the last 7 years since we've seen each other while I provided one or two word answers or questions in return.

He left me at the last mile to "get his heart rate up" and I found him at the end like 10 minutes later, doing freaking push ups.

I kinda wish my job was to be in tip top shape. But then, I couldn't sit on my ass all day at the office, and I'd have to put my life on the line, so, nevermind.


3 comments:

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Ouch!

Fizzgig said...

It felt like a blister, but it wound up being a toenail digging into the next toe. Seriously, if runners have cute toes, I'd love to know the secret!

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

That wasn't very nice of him. To me he sounds like a show-off.

And whether you are running or biking, if a much faster person invites a slower person (and especially if they know they are much faster) along then the faster person SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES LEAVE THE SLOWER PERSON BEHIND. That's called being a showoff or an asshole.

My opinion only, of course.