"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weight Of The World..

I've done weight training here and there.

But it's always been an after-thought at the end of a workout class. Or something I did half-assed at home until it got too hard, and I gave up.

Since taking up two weight training classes, and one plyometrics class I can really see a difference in my arms (and legs!) (Not to mention my appetite, muscles are pigs!)

 Watch out, Kelly Ripa, I'm coming for you!


 One arm, one leg planks=the devil


On a not-so-funny note, after taking an hour weight training class (where we use barbells just like boys do) our instructor had us do one armed, one legged planks for 30 seconds. We started out on our knees, and she decided it was "too easy" and I responded with a "for who??"

My muscles were shaking. And, after successfully doing this on one side....I biffed it. Muscle failure!! 

I fell.

Luckily I was granted in this universe with boobs, which saved me from busting my face, or losing any teeth on the gym floor.


 Skull crushers!

And my pride was saved by someone totally losing their barbell while doing skull crushers. So, I think I can go back tomorrow! 


Getting fit is hard. 

But it's also so rewarding!!


3 comments:

Frances D said...

Glad you weren't hurt. You've morphed into such a gym babe. Cheering you on from NYC.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

"Saved by boobs" Heh heh.

Fizzgig said...

francis:
thanks frances! I wasnt hurt, just my pride!!

Dave:
at least they are good for somethin!