"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, April 01, 2012

A Boring, Domestic Post...


I didn't win the Mega Millions. So didn't about 800 billion people. I guess that's OK, because having to work for things, and struggle at times, has made me the person I am today, and I kinda like her....(insert cheesy smile)

Plus, knowing that I get to see Madonna in November....kinda makes every crappy thing in life seem less crappy!

I am feeling better since my brush with the near-death flu. I didn't work full days when I did go back to work. I tried, but they sent me home, because I looked too sick. Gee... thanks?

So I sprung into action this weekend. I had no plans. Sometimes this is just what the Dr. ordered. I spent my Saturday purging my house of crap I had held onto needlessly. For instance, I threw away exactly 15 pairs of running shoes.

I have the hardest time letting the shoes go, simply because they have met their mileage. They still looked perfectly new!

In the end, I wound up with a ginormous trash bin full of crap that I had been afraid to throw out for one reason or another. Some of it was exmanfriend related. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was multiplying! It seems like every time I do laundry there is a sock, or each time I clean a drawer, there is a pair of boxers.

If I knew why I (maybe subconsiously?) held on to these useless things of his, I'd be selling books, instead of still being single, and searching for my happily ever after!

In spite of it all, I wiped down walls, baseboards, scrubbed the fridge, cleaned cabinets, pantry, swept the basement, and shared back porch...and finally, got rid of 7 sizes of clothes I'll never, ever, fit into again!! This is about the third purging of clothes I've done, and I hope it's the last.

I feel so free now!

My cash money bonus at work, is on the horizon... so...a new bed and a new couch will be mine in no time!

Not to mention new summer clothes for the new summer me, to fill up all that empty space!

Spring is all about new beginnings.

Man...I feel like a woman!

2 comments:

Jas said...

I, for one, am absolutely livid that I did not win the mega millions.

I WAS SO SURE THIS TIME.

Fizzgig said...

jas:
me too, im trying to make light of it. i really did feel it was my time...i think its a sign to keep playing! better luck next time!!!