"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuff I Happen to Love...

  • Having a new bed. Oh yes, I slept, for three whole nights in my very own bed, which I have not done since the great break up with exmanfriend, over a year ago. Sure, I have gone to sleep there a handful of times, but never slept comfortably, or uninterrupted. I spent 98% of my time on the couch! There are no bad memories in the brand new Sealy Posturpedic! Yesss!
  • My new sofa. I feel like a freaking rock star. Nuff said!
  • Plyometrics. Who knew I would start to love the burn? An hour and 15 minute class of just strength training seemed impossible, but I am amazed at how much it is aiding my running stamina, and I cannot wait until I say bye bye to my "bye bye" arms, and hellllo to my rock hard rumpuss, toned core, and calves to be proud of!
  • Martini's! This is my new moscato! There is nothing like enjoying a (very dirty, thank you, with two blue cheese stuffed olives courtesy of Acme #1 in Akron, OH ..holla) martini after a hard day of work, and two workouts. Or, any day for that matter. It only takes one to make you feel fabulous, two to be done, and the calorie ratio to the wine I have been consuming pales in comparison! Score!
  • Being friends with an Esthetician. Come fall, when I cash in my stock savings plan, I'm totally having a makeover, at a great price! Wrinkles? Me? Not anymore! Watch out world, you won't know what hit ya!
  • The dog park. I frequent my local dog park with my handsome Mr. Magoo at the very least, weekly. But they started having "singles nights" every second Friday of the month. Come on, if there was ever a place for me to meet the future Mr. Me, this is it, right? Such an adorable idea!
  • MDNA. Ok, I'm partial cus I have loved Madonna from the start, but this album is awesome. It's totally dance worthy, and I can't wait until I'm shaking it live at her concert in November!
  • Happy Hours. The best idea my only single friend had was for us to peruse local hot spot happy hours. We get cheap drinks, and amazing food that I could otherwise not justify paying full price for! This is the best invention ever!
  • Netflix. I never thought I'd be a joiner, but I have subscribed at a mere $8 a a month and it's a savings when you consider all the redbox rentals I was renting. Plus I get to be in the "know" with series I'd never watch otherwise!
  • Wineries. This is what summer is all about. Wine tasting with your best girlfriends, under the shimmery summer stars. We kick this off mid-May, and I cannot wait!
  • Rockin on the river. I am very lucky to live within 4 miles of the riverfront which boasts free concerts every Friday, complete with canned beer, and a miriad of food truck vendors. This is what summer is all about!
  • Hip Hop Class. I like to think I have some moves, but usually it's because I'm drunk and I don't know better. I recently took up a hip hop class at the gym. It's taught in a club like atmosphere, by disco ball and club lights, it's pretty much the most fun workout I have ever done! And I'm gonna learn that Beyonce butt bounce, if it kills me!

  • Being Single. As much as I miss being in love, my life totally revolves around me. I do what I want, when I want. I answer to no one. If I don't feel like doing it, I don't I'm not obligated! I am almost afraid that I like it so much, I may actually turn into a cat lady one day. I'm holding on hope that "the one" will change that mentality. But until I find him, being single is pretty awesome!

  • Determination. I am so going to smoke my last 5k time of 30 minutes this weekend, because of sheer will!!

4 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i would like to love all of those things too, can i have your life?

k, thanks

Teena in Toronto said...

Excellent list!

Christy said...

Hey girl! I just stumbled upon your blog. I love your list.

By the way, it sounds like you live about 5 minutes from me. Where are you taking these classes?

Fizzgig said...

Christy:
RP Fitness, it's in the valley