"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Peeve...

More things that bother me. Because you care.

At work, we run a bazillion awards each month. Then they are signed by VP's. Then we run labels, and put labels on envelopes and stuff the awards into the envelopes. I know, captivating. I didn't say I was saving the world, it's a job.

To speed this process up, we run the awards, and labels both in a logical numerical order, so you just stuff them right from the stack.

VP's like to play cards with them and shuffel them all up. No matter how many times you tell them it takes HOURS as opposed to minutes to stuff envelopes because they do this crap, it doesn't matter. It bugs me. It's like playing memory or something, OH OH! I saw 371 mid way thru this stack.....

There are some new people to the gym at work. They bring annoying habits. The girl is I dunno, "older" and she breathes really loud and counts. "pffffffffffffffooooooooo one.... pfooooooooo two.... pfffffffoooooo three". Hello? You are interrupting my showcase showdown, betch!

The second, is this guy that I wish I had a video of. He rides a bike, two machines down from my treadmill. He must put the thing on the highest level, and covers his head with a towel, because I think he has that kid mentality, you can't see us, so we can't see you....

He talks to himself. He says things as if he is his own trainer, like "come on, come on, push it push it" and he says these things in a dirty sex talk kinda way, while violently out of breath. Like, dirty, you know......

The last lady gets on the treadmill and runs it at an 8 or 9. Mind you, I run pretty fast for short stubby me at a 5.6. She doesn't run at an 8 or 9, she holds on to the bar and holds on for dear life, and walks. I have no idea what she is doing. One time the guy that loaned me his pants, asked her why she did that and she said for her stomach. He told her she isn't really doing anything for her cardiovascular system. I had to laugh. This was on my second workout yesterday. (props!) I havn't gone back to boot camp due to it's enormous cost, and I've been losing weight on my own.

When I win the lottery and buy my island, I'm going to have a bad ass gym that no one is allowed to go into but me. It's going to be the arctic cus I hate to be hot. I'll also have one of these personal coolers I've been reading up on. And I'll have a big TV with my tivo, and a bad ass sound system for when I feel like jamming out while I run. I'm also going to have someone feed me grapes, but that's another story.

Know what doesn't bother me? Contests! There is a fun contest over at Chicken Nuggets of Wisdom where you can win a truckton of South Beach Living stuff. Who doesn't love that? It's delicious! She has lots of contests, but this one especially peaked my interest, go and enter to win. Only if that means you wont beat me though, I'm a little competitive.

P.S. I made a yummy omlet which I thought was gross at the time, I put leftover frozen veggies in it, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, squash, water chestnuts, all mixed in my egg beater. Mmmm.

P.S.S. Jillian on the biggest loser tried to compare MASHED POTATOS to CAULIFLOWER yesterday. I love both, but these are not the same. On my island, mashed potatos and cheese with ranch dressing will be the national food. If you don't like it, get your own island!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, dirty talk guy? Just weird!!! I swear, I don't know where you get these people at work!

Anonymous said...

New guy at the gym must have the song "Push It" by Salt n' Pepa playing in his head constantly.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Fizz, you make me laugh. From the dip VPs messing up the cards and the guy on the bike to the national food on your island...too funny. Ranch Dressing does not belong on cheesy potatoes! I know...go get my own island. ;-)

LBluca77 said...

I work with a girl that breathes really loud and it is so annoying. But it is not like I can tell her to stop breathing. Or can I?

DiPaola Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DiPaola Momma said...

oh oh I know that guy.. or his ugly unibrowed, sort of smelly, creepy cousin/former boy band co-founder.. he's at my gym and he sings PUSH IT, with his ear buds in!!

I have to whole heartedly DIS-agree with M.E. Rider.. Ranch belongs on EVERYTHING! especially if it contains cheese of any variety. he he

I hear you're talking about me Fizzy! CEWL... Gelfling CEWL!