"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, March 30, 2009

The Good Old Days...

Is it seriously the end of March? Remember when you were little, and it took DECADES for Christmas to come, and your Mom was always like "wait til you are older and time will fly" and your all like, "who asked you?" Just wondered. I drove home from Cleveland last night in a blizzard. I had to go 45mph in the snow. Um....hello, spring? You can show up any time. Thanks.

So two weeks ago, I met some high school friends out for drinks. This was fabulously fun. I found two more girls who are uninterested in having kids like me and my friend Kat. Maybe it was pumped into the water in school? Oh wait, everyone else has kids. This foursome was the most fun at the get together. I mean, I'm glad that you are happy with your children, but what ELSE do you do? I have nothing to talk about with people who only talk about their kids. Reason 34,566,89-45.2 I don't want kids, you mostly become boring. (if your not boring, then dont take offense.) Of course, there were people with kids who talked about other things, but they didn't bother me.

Then, one classmate told me like 15 times that I looked good, and one time said "you look 100 times better than in high school". 100 times. That leaves no room for you looked 1% good. Which is total bullshit because I was pretty cute in high school. I think he probably forgot who I was, and he was pretty shitfaced. You know, there's one in every crowd.

I threw Kats (unused) tampon behind the bar. And, stuffed one in the straw bin on the bar. The bartender found both of these. Obviously, I don't need to have kids, I am still one myself. In retaliation, she added $4 to my tab, after I signed and gave her a tip. In retaliation, I called her manager and had it reversed. She did it to kat too but I don't think she complained.

Saturday I tried to jog outside. Ok, so it went like this. Ow, ow, ow, ow....I didn't get much jogging done. Outside is 95% harder than the treadmill! I did 2 miles in an hour, and I usually do 4 miles in 45 minutes inside. Plus, there is no cushioned deck outside to protect your crunchy knees. I have crunchy knees. And lets face the most important issue...there's no TV to stare at.

So, instead of jogging for 25 minutes straight, and walking fast on an incline for 25 min, I did the "ok, I'll jog to that next tree up there" and practically died on the way. Seriously, I'm not cut out for sweating outdoors. I think I will stick to the gym.

I had a fabulous weekend with my manfriend. His cuteness has been surpassing his already cuteness, and if he isn't careful, he might get locked in a closet. His Mom and stepdad came over and we got pizza. She brought me roses, which was sweet as can be. Then I left them in the manfriends fridge to probably die. *sigh* I'm really sad about it. I love flowers.

3 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

It's funny...I HAVE a kid and I can't stand people that only want to talk about their kids. I have a few friends on Facebook whose status ALWAYS includes something about their kids.

I think that if you do ever have kids, you'll be a cool mom because you won't lose your sense of humor or your identity.

Mike said...

We got teased here with a couple nice days. Saturday felt like spring and was even nice enough for a drunken 3 a.m. walk with my girlfriend.

Suzi said...

Betcha you were out jogging about the same time I dragged my daughter out with me, and she whined and complained the entire way, too! I would rather run outdoors any day (well, most days; I live in frickin' Minnesota, after all). The treadmill bores me silly, but outside? There are people! There are dogs! There are lakes! There are flowers! There is fresh air! The treadmill kills me, and don't even get me started on the elliptical. HATE.