"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good things come to those who wait...

I inherited another support person at work. Which doesn't work in my job but I supervise. (doesn't alleviate my work load) I will know all aspects of the company now my boss said. Which makes me valuable. I like value! My only employee to date, has pneumonia and has been at work like 2 days in 2 weeks, and it's stressing me out. I'm learning the not so new girl's job, and enlisting her help as much as possible.

Well, I didn't go out on St. Patty's day. I think thats the first time in 12 years (since my 21st bday, shhh) that I didn't at least have "a" green beer. It's not socially acceptable to me to go to a bar alone, because I flake when boys try to pick me up. I completely suck at turning people down so they get the picture. So, I stayed home. I did have plans but a friends BF was ill and she stayed home. I watched dancing with the stars. What did you do that was cooler than that?

(don't tell me, I'll feel worse......)

Did you watch Tool Academy, and catch the recap show? Oh-m-gee! I might have had that same fight on national TV back in the day, and put up with a tool like this. It's called insecure. I love reality TV, it reminds me how far I've come in life! It was worth watching the whole season just for this recap show!


Tough love is also a pretty good show. You should watch it for dating advice, its common sense stuff like, if you walk around with your boobs hanging out, guys will look at you as a skank. Or you are so annoying when you are skinny and you say how fat you are in order to fish for compliments from guys. (P.S. girls hate this too) Or, when you put yourself down, it's a turnoff.


In other news, I have been having a hard time sleeping in my bed when I'm not with my manfriend, which is 97% of the time. It bothers me too. It's my bed. I think it bothers me most because I never really enjoyed sleeping with someone before. I liked my space.

But now, sleeping on my couch doesn't make me look at the empty side (empty, aside from one stinky dog) and think about how much I miss him. And then I start to wonder, how he can say that I'm everything he wants, and wants to be with me more, but not want to be with me all the time cus he isn't ready. I'm just at a different point in my own life. So, to avoid thinking about it, and obsessing over it, I sleep on the couch. Distraction.


I get my panties all in a bunch over that stuff, and then I forget it when we're together, and he tucks me in under the blankets, or puts burn medicine on my arm cus I burned it with a curling iron, (after kissing it...*melt*) or the millions of times he tried to help my blisters (which I don't get anymore with mah new fancy shoes, hollllaaaa!)

Or when hes cooking for us he'll bring me in a peice of cheese (I loves the cheese) Or pours my drinks for me in a gentlemanly way, or puts me into a car when we go somewhere. Or, that writing all that stuff actually made me tear up like a sappy fool. He does a lot of cute stuff that makes me mad, because it makes me love him more and I can't help it. Argh. I feel taken care of with him. And....that's why I'm patient. Not because its easy.

Some things are worth waiting for. Plus, I've never had anything worth having that I didn't have to work for in some way. This is what I get for telling the universe years ago that I wanted to learn patience.

Be careful what you wish for.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I watched "Tool Academy" and the reunion. I knew tiny tool was going to win it from early on. "Tough Love" is great because those women act like they are so hot, but they're jerks.