"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Peroneus Hurtimus....

I'm in a different kind of pain today after boot camp. I think its the Peroneus Longus according to this muscular skeleton. It's on the outside of the calf, on the sides. Better than the knee I suppose. It hurts to do everything and aches. I'm gonna just walk today and skip a day of boot camp. I can just see myself falling down in front of everyone. Nice. Last night Kat went to class, and she loved it. We wanted to kick her, because she still had energy. Meanwhile, my leg muscles feel like they are pounding out of my skin. I took advil, it wont be long now.

When I weighed myself last night, I was the same weight as on Friday. Which means I maintained despite having drank alchohol, and ate hashbrowns. Yessssssss.

On the radio this morning, the question was, do you have a picture of your significant other at work, and do you gaze at it and think happy thoughts? The dj said he doubted his wife did that. The other DJ was doing it on the computer, staring at her husband and asked if the other guy ever did that with his wife and think how lucky he is.

Guilty. I do that. I like to look at the manfriend's cute smile, and think about his laugh, and how it feels when he holds me. And I have pics of us together that make me happy to look at. I do it every day. And, at night, I include him in my list of things in my life that I am thankful to the universe for. I think if you forget what makes you so happy about the person, you're in trouble. Is it crazy? Do others do this? I had a pair of the manfriend's boxers and I let him take them cus he needed them this weekend. I was kinda bummed about it cus I like havin them. When I went to bed last night, I had another pair under my pillow. It might sound strange to you, but I thought it was totally cute.

I also watched the Sex and the City movie again last night and cried as hard as I did the first time I saw it. I wonder if that movie is as good if you didn't watch the series? I don't think it can be, it's the relationships they all have that make it so intense. When did I turn into such a blubbering fool? Oh yes, along about the time I fell in love with that boy. He has opened up all sorts of things inside of me. Tap, tap, tapping away at my walls. I sorta remember the me I am. Having feelings, and not hiding them behind emergency glass. "Break only if having a meltdown" I always liked this me. I'm pretty awesome.

Food.

I made spaghetti squash for lunch today. I tried a little bit last night and my first conclusion, is that it tastes like potatos. I bet it would be yummy with butter, and seasonings, and cheese. But, instead, I put some marinara on it, and we'll see if I can get it down for lunch. I also saved the seeds, I'm going to try to roast them like pumpkin seeds! I'm still eating carbs, cus what else is there without pasta or rice? I'm at least doing brown rice, and whole wheat pasta.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you are so smitten ;)

megabrooke said...

hey there:) thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way.

i dont think satc would be the same without seeing the whole series either. i LOVE spaghetti squash- there are so many ways to make it. with butter and grated parm cheese is really good... in a cassarole is nice, and with herbs and olive oil also works. yum.

LBluca77 said...

I used to have a picture of my cat on my desk, then I realized that made me look sad.

I think if you didn't watch SATC the movie would not have been as good to someone. You really need to know about Carrie and big's relationship from the beginning to understand what happens with them in the movie.

Anonymous said...

Bootcamp rules. The only reason I had energy is because I jog. That whole thing they did was all cardio. I'm not lacking there... it's muscles I need for rock climbing. :(

Soon I'll get the entire SATC DVD set and we can watch it sometime when Ken is away...

-Kat

Barb said...

I have a pic of the hubby & me on my desk at work. It's when we were in Ensenada MX on a cruise that we took a couple years ago. Do I gaze @ it? Nope. I see him everyday @ home, in the truck on the way to work, @ work, on the way home from work, and then again back at home. Guess I'm lucky...sometimes.

I've always wanted to try spaghetti squash. I've seen it so many times on TV. I can't see putting anything on it but butter. How was it?

Fizzgig said...

erin:
i totally am.......

brookem:
parm cheese would be good!!! Is it suppose to have a potato texture or did i not cook it long enough?

lbluca77:
I have a pic of each of my cats, and my dog.....their like family! I think so too, it made that scene in the street that much more sob-worthy!!!

Kat:
I need the last 2 seasons. Ill say this much, the movie has NO extras! Nothing! What a rip!

Barb:
yea, you are lucky. sigh. It was pretty good actually!!!