"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Take Me Home, Country Road...

Whoever thought up that song was a total fucking moron. A moron, who obviously lived somewhere it doesn't snow. Which is a lie because it's about WV. I know all about driving through the snow in WV. Not fun. So, yea it snowed. It probably snowed like, three stinking inches. Nothing major. You would think that knowing the forecast called for snow, they would have maybe plowed or salted the roads, but you have a brain. I love the fact that where I live, they try to make me pay taxes even though I pay taxes where I work. No other place does that around here. I bet the fact that I don't pay my taxes, is why they havn't maintained the streets. It's probably all my fault. I'd love to send them a letter with their monthly bill that says maintain the god damn streets and maybe I'll pay you. I probably wouldn't but that's besides the point.

Most of the time I enjoy rural living. The peaceful cornfields. The amish. The lack of traffic, and sirens. I don't miss the crowds everywhere you go. But today? Today makes me want to move to the city. Even more than I have been thinking about. Honestly, as soon as I crossed the county line, the roads were fine. On the way? About 10 cars off the road. Three of which were on the way to the interstate, I live 2 miles from the highway. It took me an hour to get to work. I work 20 min from home. Half hour with traffic. Hour with snow. I'm so over this bullshit. Yet another sign to get the fuck outta there. I've been looking. Seriously - as soon as I find something, I'm out. That bitch landlord can shove it up her ass.

Bonus? First snow trip in the new car not too bad. I was worried because my old car had the auto traction thing to prevent slipping. I think the newer tires on the new car make up for that loss.

Good news. I lost 2 of the 4lbs I gained at Thanksgiving. This is due to the fact that I actually got off my ass this week and worked out Monday. Then, I worked out last night at 11:30. What sucks about working out at 11:30 is I was up til 2:30 like it was nothin. This morning, I'm freaking exhausted. No pain no gain. I want to lost 5 more by my birthday. I don't ask for much.
My second interview is at 3 today. I'm going to "make some copies" or something while I'm "missing" from my desk. I'm sorta nervous but I think I'll save that for if I land an "in-person" interview. Another coworker had an interview yesterday. And two other girls are actively looking. My department in a few months? Totally fucked.

No comments: