"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nerves of Aluminum foil...

Heres why I am not cut out for "dating". I'm chicken shit.

I am awesome in email, I am open, and myself. On the phone, yes, I can be, if you call me.
But I don't give out my number because, after 10 years w/the same cell number, I'm pretty lucky I get no solicitations. So, you can't call me.

And, I'm scared.

I think someone said I should break out of my comfort zone. Which would be, you have a detailed profile, are handsome, manly, funny, and seem amazingly taken with me thru our correspondence.

Then we can talk on the phone for a bit/text.

Then we can meet.

I got the digits of a boy today. His profile is short, and pretty nonexistant. But weve had some great emails. He's a sexmuffin, no kids, never married, and 2 yrs older than me. Owns a house.

I think I'll stew about the digits forever. I am so scared about calling a boy I want to poop. When I get nervous or scared, that's my bodys way of letting me know I am, in case the sweaty palms, and rapid heart rate didn't give it away.

I dont know if you remember back when I met exnotsomuchamanfriend, but that was the most torturous time of my life meeting a "stranger".

It all started here.
And heres a reason to pay attention to your dreams. I dreamt I was exnotamanfriends next victem before we met!

In coming up with some links to my last online experience, I realized, holey shit I've been blogging 5 years.

4 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

That's ironic. Someone asked me just yesterday how long I have been blogging and I thought back and said, "Almost five years." Time does fly, huh?

Call him but block your number. Don't be afraid. Just meet in a very public place and have your "out" call ready if you need one. If he's weird, you never have to see him again.

Fizzgig said...

sister:
it does fly, and looking back ive come a long way! lol

my number is blocked, i pay for it to be private, so it doesnt come up...aaaaaaargh!

rachaelgking said...

What's a sexmuffin? It sounds delicious.

Teena in Toronto said...

Why do you have to jump into dating right away anyway? Enjoy your aloneness for awhile :)