"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, May 23, 2010

How to Date Me...

You may want to know how to win me over, because let's face it, I'm a catch.

I'm not getting very far online dating. When I met exnotamanfriend online, it was unexpected. I worked night shift at a podunk police station answering phones, as a second job. I played online alot, and answered very few calls. We met at OK Cupid, cus I liked to take the tests.

I knew right away that I liked him, from the very first email. Everything with us was so easy, and unrehearsed, and effortless. We clicked. We loved. We laughed. The entire relationship.

So..now what? It's not that easy, so I think its wrong. Is that right? I don't want to be THAT girl that compares everyone to their ex. That's hella annoying.

I delete countless messages from guys because I dont instantly think they are cute, or their profiles arent as well thought out as mine is.

Or, they ask me to meet them at a hotel in Akron because they are in town for a few days. No strings.

I specifically say in my profile at the end, reasons not to message me. One is "don't contact me if you just want to know what color my underwear is"

I got a message from a guy:

Subject: Quick Question

"What color are your underwear?"

And that my friends....is how you reel me in. Humor me. I love it.

7 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

You know...I'm just going to throw this out there. If you would have told me one year ago at this time that I would be head over heels for Indubitably, I would have laughed right in your face. I mean, seriously? Indubitably? Come on! Noooo...

I, too, was just like you. If they didn't catch me right away with some catchy line or devilish good looks, I was hitting the delete button faster than you can blink. Now, I realize that sometimes, they just grow on you. I say at least try meeting some that aren't too bad. You just never really know. And it gets you out for a drink or whatnot. Of course, stay away from creepy and weird. But the ho hum kind of guys might surprise you in person.

Anyway, the humor thing always gets me too. :)

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

so did you respond? haha.

Carolyn G said...

I want to know if you responded as well. LOL

Rachel said...

Haha. I'm with Alexa... so did you respond?

Teena in Toronto said...

You are a catch :)

Fizzgig said...

Yes ladies, I did in fact respond! I've had a few interesting emails back and forth.

And then I rented tall hot blonde. If you are online dating, you should rent it. Its a documentary.

eeeek!

Garrett said...

I totally met my smoking hot GF online. Er, I mean, Fiancee. I started out on OK cupid, and then realized that most women on there...aren't serious. They just like to take the tests :-)

Then in a rage of frustration, I joined match.com and didn't even make it through my six month membership before I met my GF. And I'm hot too! (google me! no wait, don't)

Thanks to you, I will be blogging about this very topic in a few days. Most guys don't approach the online dating scene seriously or appropriately. Pfft...losers.

You've been blogrolled!