"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, May 28, 2010

How To Avoid Dating...

I really need to change my dating sucks label to dating is fabulous. Only because as a person who believes in the power of positive thinking, I'm really setting myself up for failure there.

I have made phone and text contact with a man. I'll leave it at that.

I'm also really aware of people in the world. Like, wondering if they know me from the internet. I feel so exposed having a profile visible to the world. It's like cutting yourself open and bleeding everywhere, its so personal.

Speaking of single girls, margaritas and Sex and the City tonight! Yes!!!

5 comments:

Mr Yes said...

Blood clots and wounds heal. Scars draw attention, but smiles draw interests.

I don't know you, but I like your 'tude. Even Rapunzel got her prince without ever seeing him.

You're Rapunzel, now let down your hair!

heather said...

margaritas and sex and the city sounds fun! i own that movie, but i've never seen it. i'm weird like that.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Fizz,
I still read your blog all the time and still think you one of the most interesting and (startlingly) funny gals out there. Listen, focus on you. Stop dating, stop looking and take a break. You've had a huge blow. F*ck exmanfriend. You are right, he did not deserve you. But you need time to just reflect on all things in your life. You are infinitely more than any man could possibly make you. I know - I'm a jaded old made, ok. But listen to your elders. Sometimes when we seek, we don't receive. But when we are just 'being,' what we seek comes to us. I believe this to be true.
Best -- M.E.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Oh, and I meant- jaded old MAID. ;-)

Fizzgig said...

Mr yes:
thank you! I wonder if this means I shouldnt cut my hair? ive been contemplating it....lol

heather:
um, you need to watch it! with champagne!

me:
hey there! Im not actively seeking, im seeing whats out there. I think whats meant to be will happen. I cant force things. Im focusing on me, because its all I have. and my pets. i did all that self reflection, and im waiting for the universe to bring me my prince. enough with the frogs already!