"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where My Head Is...

I met some ladies last night at Wasabi for dinner. It cost $20 to eat dinner. For me. I never paid that much for myself to eat, like ever when drinks werent involved. But thats not the story.

I pulled up and got out of my car. I always check my purse twice for my keys. Once, when I was 16 I left the old Ford Grenada running, and locked my keys inside. You do that once you never forget. My stratus does have an annoying feature where you cant lock it if they keys are in the ignition, which sucks for warming it up in the winter time.

I'm halfway to the restaurant and I cant find my keys. I meet my girlfriend outside and say...I think I locked my keys in the car, and I don't even have a spare set at home. (who knows where they are) We walk back to my car and there they are in the ignition, I said thank god, it wont lock, so I go to open the door, and she says...

"is your car runnning?"

Yes....I got out of my car, with it running and went into eat dinner. Stone cold sober.

Sometimes I worry about me.

7 comments:

MzAriez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MzAriez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MzAriez said...

Sometimes, our body is present, but our mind isn't. I have those moments. Last year, I left the van running to warm up and unlocked the doors. As I walked to the house I heard the dreadful click noise as my doors locked. My spare key was at my mother's house 40 miles away. That morning, I taught my daughter how to break into our vehicle. Oh, the things I have taught her....so valuable in real life. But now, I leave the window down a crack in case the van is being temperamental again.

Sister Copinherhair said...

My girlfriend's husband went to the grocery store, bought a whole mess of groceries, paid for it all and headed home. When he got home, she asked, "Mike? Where are the groceries???" Yep, he left them at the store. :)

mylittlebecky said...

yeah, freshman year? locked my keys in the car/left the lights on/did something else incredibly smart, every. week! now i have tons of extra keys. even one in my wallet.

Fizzgig said...

mz:
isnt that the truth! I dont know where I am sometimes! I wish i knew how to break in my car! lol

sister:
now THATS BAD!

Becky:
thats smart! I have no idea where my one extra set is even.

Teena in Toronto said...

I did that once last year with Gord in the car. And he let me cuz he wanted to see how long it would take me to realize what I'd done. I always lock the car so that's when I figured it out. Ha!