"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, May 06, 2010

It pains me to type this...

No, really. Typing this blog actually hurts. Seriously. The world should go to bootcamp. Because I thought I was hot shit running at a 4.6-5.6 5 days a week doing hill intervals. Doing 50 minutes on the bike or the eliptical.

But bootcamp is no joke.

It was nothing like the old bootcamp I went to...in that, there were periods of rest for about 30 seconds between intervals. Old bootcamp you never stopped. If you stopped you made everyone run in circles holding a ball over their heads and everyone hated you.

My arms, shoulders, hands, feet, toes, calves, oh...my calves, thighs, butt, back, sides, stomach. You name it it pretty much hurts today. I still worked out at lunch, only i just ran a mile, and walked a mile and no hills. Screw that mess.

I picked a fabulous time to start, what with manfriend moving in soon, and having to lug boxes and go up and down steps.

Did I mention that my bathroom is on the second floor? Last night I nearly pissed myself avoiding the stairs.

But, in a month when I can do side plank dips for a minute, instead of holding myself up for 2 seconds and falling over like a turtle on my back unable to move..it'll all be worth it.

5 comments:

Season said...

It will be all worth it! You go girl. You will be my inspiration to get back in the gym.

Suzanne said...

I want to try the side plank dips....they look like they might end up with me in pain in a day or two.

heather said...

i'm jealous. i used to work out all the time but now i just don't have time between the job and keeping the house clean! i like to think that manically cleaning the house is a good workout. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Boot camp scares me! But I bet you'll see wicked results.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Ouch. My muscles could take it, but my knee, back and shoulder would not. Good on ya and keep it up.

Ain't endorphins great?