"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, May 08, 2009

Happiness Is...

Happiness is reliving your childhood! Remember the game Mash, and how awesome it was at predicting your future? That is, if you were ever a teenage girl. (this excludes my mom, who as a teenager probably didn't have pencils to play games. She had to play with cans and rocks)

I did MASH online, and here's a glimpse into my future:


Your husband's name is Edwin (McCain) and you have 0 children. (Yessssssss!) You're a Vet who drives to work every day in a red mazda.

It's truly a wonderful life when you consider the countless romantic nights you have spent with Edwin in your house in Charleston, SC.


I mean, if I can't marry my manfriend, I may as well marry Edwin. Edwin is married, but his wife will totally understand. And maybe I should tell my manfriend in an effort to make him jealous? Ohhh, I'm Kidding. He's not the jealous type. At least not crazy jealous. You know, it's nice to hear someone say "you're mine" when they don't mean you are their propert. It's super cute!

You can play mash for yourself at this link. Ah, memories.

Is it mean to be annoyed that all I hear about at work is someone's wedding? I must have told said person, that she is going to have major post wedding let-down 15 times, because its over in a flash, and then your like....uhhhh so I'm married? Now what do I spend 99% of my life doing...since my wedding is no longer being planned?

Next time it happens for me (which it will, because thats what I want and the law of the universe says I can have what I want) I'm getting married at the beach. With like a couple people, if anyone. Because the next time, its going to be cus I'm madly in love, and can't imagine my life without him. Not because I want the "american dream" with the white dress and the family and all the bells and whistles. I want what all of that is suppose to stand for, real love.

Speaking of real love. I'm a fan of cuddling. I mean, quite literally, on facebook, I'm a fan. Last week they posted this article which is so cheesily cute I can't stand it. I read it to my manfriend, while using the "how to cuddle" instructions to put the moves on him. It was one of those moments I'll always remember. Laughing. Being silly. Cuddling. And telling my manfriend what a nice, soft, squishy pillow he makes. (it was #8 on the cuddling list)

Lastley I'm sick. I should have known yesterday when the inferno which is me was actually cold, to the point I had to wear a sweater. I feel like I have an elephant on my chest. And my stomach is in knots. I don't think its the swine flu, but I definately need some robitussin to hack up some yummy phlem.

I'm still working out. Because I have to.

Did you watch Grey's Anatomy? And cry your eyes out? Great balls of fire, that show makes me have sappy feelings!

5 comments:

Mike said...

Your mom was a big fan of kick the can? heh. I've never played that game nor do I know how, but I saw it played on a movie. It doesn't look too fun.

As your doctor I'm going to have to advise against working out while you are that sick. Let me know if you need a note to get out of work on Monday.

Fizzgig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megabrooke said...

aw, hope you feel better lady. that's no way to kick off the weekend!
(i have to watch my dvr'd grey's this weekend... i hear it's a tear jerker!?)

Erin said...

okay, I love kick the can... does that make me old? I used to play it all the time!

I loved MASH too though, lol.

Nice future you have there with Edwin...lol @ the 0 kids :-)

Momma said...

UH.. Cuse me...we got pencils for free and all the pink paper we could write on when my mom worked the election booths. (paper ballots). Course the pencils were short and had no erasers but we got excited anyway.