"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, September 29, 2008

No Place Like Home..

One day, I'm inventing teleporting. I just havn't had the time to commit to it! That's all. We made it home from PA. Of course, I made it there with no problems by myself. If you call no problems, the fact that my own brother was suppose to check the fluids in my Mom's car for me, and put gas in it. And said that Thursday he had to do that so I could leave on Friday, and used it as a reason he didn't want to go pick her up with me on Thursday. Then, when I went to pick up the car on Friday, he hadn't even put gas in it, and SAID he checked the fluids. My brother? Isn't that suppose to be like a default man who will always look out for you like your Dad? Wtf.

I even found my Aunt and Mom on the side of the road, since I had no cell service down in the holler. (but what they DO have is Days of Our Lives on the RADIO station!!) The way home was another story. To get there you take 224 to 422. Easy. Mostly country road, some highway here and there, but its no moving routes. Bam. Straight shot. Tried the same thing coming home? Ended up somewhere around Youngstown/Warren aka, the ghetttt-ttto. (best if sang like Cartman) Houses were boarded up, hoodlems running the streets. Getting dark. We were afraid to even stop. None of the routes we crossed were even on the google map. (Google can suck it) We were headed for New York (North) instead of home.

Luckily we found an interstate after turning around back to PA, which was I80, it went to New York or Cleveland. I decided I can find my way home from Cleveland if all else fails, and we went that way. All in all it was a 3 hour detour, and we survived. My Mom said "just enjoy the time with your Mother". Even though I was driving, and I was the one tired. It's good to be home. It doesn't even feel like I was gone for 4 days from work.

P.S. Who watched the presidential debate? I'll say this much cus I don't do politics. It made my mind up for who I'm voting for. Don't listen to the hype. You have to take the responsibility to be informed on your own. Not listen to what people "say" about the candidates. That's my peice. I was going to NOT vote. But now I'm gonna. And I'll end it with I can't stand people who are stuck in the past and can't tell me what they are going to do in the future. If you have been following the race, you know who that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time and I'm glad you found your way home!! You know, the manfriend would be worried and all ;)

I had my soap operas - All My Children, One Life to Life and General Hospital on my radio station back in Rhode Island... depending on what was going on in the story line I would take lunch at that particular time just to listen to it, lol. I wish they did that here!

Anyhow, happy to see you back!