"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, November 07, 2006

TITMT...I Love Fiction....

Today's Tell it To Me Tuesday Question from Janet is: "What fictional character on television, past or present, do you (or did you) most relate to and why?"

I always related to Miranda from Sex and the City. Most of the time I could do the "mmm hmmm" while watching her on the show. She was cynical, like me. She was to the point where she was OK to be alone, she even preferred it. Then a man came and screwed her all up, like they often do.

While I'm not an intimidating lawyer, being independant does scare some of them off. They like you to be barefoot and stupid. Oh, at first they pretend to like the fact that you are self sufficient but it doesn't last. That's been my experience. It does something to their stupid little ego's.
One time she got laser eye surgery and she needed someone to bring her home and she would rather have sat there than have her boyfriend pick her up and 'rescue' her. That's totally me. I hate asking for help. I like to do it all on my own thanks.

Remember when Miranda made herself a cake? And couldn't stop eating the cake? Every time she went past the kitchen, she ate some cake, like it was calling her name. It got to the point where she had to put it in the trash. Then, she ate the cake out of the trash. So, she squirted dish soap all over it so she couldn't eat it anymore. Yea, I've ate almost an entire cake.

One time I ate an entire pack of 6 Zero bars. In a matter of hours. I got so sick that day. From that day on I vowed never to eat another one. Anything that good should be banned.

She didn't like kids either. Like me. Until she got knocked up. The difference with her and me are, I won't let that happen. Someone smack me if I ever do. Or check your front porches for a bundle of joy.

And, on another note, I could totally be Kate from Lost. Not that I think I exude her hotness, but because I too, would have a terrible time choosing between Jack...or Sawyer.

6 comments:

Bianca said...

I absolutely know that I scare guys off. I'm smart, very independent, and have a dominant personality. It would take a very strong, self-confident man to be able to put up with me.

Erin said...

Miranda was always my favorite on that show, I loved her independence, and her sarcasm!

supplymadam said...

I love all the characters of Sex and the City. I've seen all the episodes at least 4 or 5 times and I still enjoy it every Tuesday night back to back shows.Everyone knows I am not available after 9:00 on Tuesday nights.
Does this have anything to do with your post? No but I just wanted to add that in. I remember Miranda's laser surgery and eating all that cake. She does make the show I will agree.
Remember when Cary sets her up on a blind date and she can't stand the guy so she says she has to feed her cat? Cary says I thought you fed your cat already and Miranda says "I have it feed it again" I love her bluntness.

Becca said...

of course you are exuding kates hotness... of course!

Samsara said...

She didn't like kids either. Like me.

I love it when another woman I respect and who's saucy can equally just state it plain: "I don't like kids." I did love Miranda for this.

I'm going to write an article on the backlash of the ability to procreate. Watch me. Uh huh. I'm serious. Dare me a $1?

Fizzgig said...

Bianca:
I can totally relate to that!

Erin:
She was hilarious, I could always see myself saying most of the things she said!

Supplymadam:
That was a good one too, feeding the cat. I still don't think I'm over them ending that show. It was the best.

HHMomma:
It's good to have dreams....it really is.

Samsara:
Yes, I dare you! it would be an excellent read!!