"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, April 10, 2008

Might as Well have Had Wheaties...

First things first. Janet's question is "What's your favorite quote, who said it, and why".

Your mind is your instrument, learn to be its master not its slave. - Dalai Lhama
If you master your mind, you are free from so many things, and it opens up such a world of opportunity!

You don't become what you want, you become what you believe. Im not sure whos it is but Oprah says it a lot. You can want a lot of things but until you believe you will have it, you won't. Believe THAT!

Don't pursue happiness, Create it - My fortune cookie fortune on my computer.

I was late to work today. Oh, it's ok, I'm the boss. And, everyone's in Aruba. Plus, it's really OK cus I had company who is hard to leave, and hard to keep my hands off of. Ahem. I might have mentioned, how I'm in love with this one guy? Yea. Him. Sigh. What the fuck happened to me? I'm not complaining but damn, it still boggles my mind! Last night I made lasagna with ground chicken, and it was pretty tasty. I even managed to have a small portion. We chatted and started to watch a movie and I went to make him a warm delight cake for literally two minutes and he was snoring. So I snuggled up next to him, and enjoyed being with him anyways. I'm pretty sure he had a smile on his face.

This morning the man and I discussed vacation opportunities. Vacation means I have to be in a bathing suit, and that means stepping up the working out business with a quickness. Gulp. It would be super blissful to spend an entire week with him. Plus I havn't had an entire week's vacation in years. If I did, I still worked the second job, and didn't leave for the whole week.

I lost 2 more lbs. Rejoice. 5 down, 5 to go to get back to 50 lost. Then, I need to lose 30 more to be content. But really, I just want to go down 1 more size. I've been staying at the gym each day at work by myself. The girl I was working out with only stays sporadically, and I can't do a "nice jog...wink" on my treadmill at home. And, she is a casual work-er out-er. I'm all about it. I get super sweaty and drippy, and push myself and grunt and stink, and she leisurly walks along at a 2.6. Whatever makes you happy, but I need more. Aaaand the weather this week has been so absolutely beautiful, if I go home I'll likely pull weeds or clean my garage. Which isn't as good a workout. I tell myself I love to workout, but that whole positive thinking yourself into loving things you don't doesn't seem to work on me.

I'm up to 3.6 miles in 50 minutes. I jog an entire mile. Me. Yea. I'll work my way up to 1.5, and so on. This is all at a 4.5-5% incline. I was doing 3 miles in an hour, so I'm gettin there. It's actually pretty sweet, that hardly anyone stays at the gym, so you have privacy. Unless someones checking out your rack.

Anyone know if you can buy a new belt for your treadmill? Because I think the only problem with mine is the belt is cracking and bunching up and falling apart. It's a big gym quality treadmill, and the ones I have been looking at that are comparable are thousands. I ain't got no thousands! I aint got no hundreds either, I was gonna put one in layaway.

P.S. Anyone as happy as I am that James was kicked off Big Brother? Effin hated that dude!!

6 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

You could always try having your beau with you at the gym, that'd stop the perv!

OT: We live a one hour drive away from the ferry terminal to Kangaroo Island... and I've never been there :(

HoodiaPharm HungerAway said...

I was thrilled when James got kicked off!! I'm even happier that Shelia got HOH! Can't wait to see who she backdoors this week :-)

Erin said...

oops, that was me, Erin, lol.

Fizzgig said...

Alaskan Dave:
Huh. An hour from Kangaroo island? Do you know how awesome it is? Well, neither do I but I've read countless tour books! I'm so jealous!

Erin:
me too! i hate james, and i hope sheilah does the right thing, she tends to let others sway her too.

Janet said...

You do realize you just inadvertently quoted Oprah, right?:)

Fizzgig said...

Janet:
I love me some oprah!!! You either love her or you hate her!