"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, April 13, 2008

Confirmations...

Saturday night I was at the mans house. We were snuggled up on the couch watching Blade Runner, in lovebug bliss, and he got up to go to the other room, and I got a text message. It was 2:30am. I thought it was my brother. Nope. It was that someone I use to hook up with before I met my current love. Things were strictly casual with someone. Sometimes before I met my boyfriend in person and we were exchanging texts and emails, someone would message me and I'd get a message from my guy right after. It stopped me from going to see someone. Because, when you have something with so much potential, why waste your time?

When I met my guy in person, it sealed the deal, and that was that. I knew this was something worth pursuing so that was it with someone. He messaged me a couple of times after that, I told someone that I met a guy and that was that. He texted me a couple more times, and by that time I was in love and I told him I was happy and had a boyfriend.

It's been about three months since he's contacted me. I thought on Saturday for a few minutes, that I would respond to his text of "Are you still good.." by saying I'm completely happy and in love. But I decided silence sometimes speaks volumes, and I put my phone back and no sooner, did my boyfriend come into the room with his slippers. For my cold feet. Sometimes you don't need confirmation that you are on the right path, but getting them makes you cuddle up closer to the one you love, and be thankful for what you have rightfully found. *swoon*

He made me yummy breakfast on Sunday, after waking up smiling at each other, which is to me, a feeling you can't put into words. And, bonus? The man is an excellent cook. It should go under the positive side of the list, if I were in fact making a list of his good qualities. Theres not enough paper though, and thats the truth.

5 comments:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Sounds like the BF is true blue and a thoughtful bloke too. Good on ya.

Anonymous said...

He brought you slippers??

This man makes me look like I'm clueless!!

Keep'em ;)

MARFSBABY said...

I remember getting those uncomfortable transition texts too... I ignored as well and they eventually stopped.

Patti Cake said...

Good for you....everything is coming together for you. The job, the boy, Edwin somebody coming to town (LOL)...All is well! :)

Fizzgig said...

alaskan dave:
he's definatly a keeper! =)

slick:
I think I will. thoughtful guys are hard to come by!

marfsbaby:
I hope so, I dont like feeling like im hiding something, even though I'm not!

patticake:
eeeeeeek Edwin! I know, could summer get any better, or what?