"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bring Your Kids To Annoy your coworkers day...

It's bring your kid to work day. Whoever invented this retarded idea should be shot. What do they learn? The morning was hectic, trying to get my coffee and there is 8 billion kids screaming in the grill getting amped up on caffine. Luckily most of their day is spent doing some activities downstairs. And what does that teach them? Work is fun? I got to play games all day, and win prizes and stuff my face, and Mom gets PAID to do it! That's like telling little girls their prince will come. I think it's against the law to delude your children that much. But, whatever.

Speaking of work, my boss comes back on Monday. I'm somewhat apprehensive about some changes I think will occur. I don't know what they are, but I have a feeling. You know, how you just know somethings up. I think we are going to merge with her new department in some way. I'm hoping this doesnt take my raise away because I specifically remember my boss telling me how now I wont have to worry about money. I'd be a shame if she turned out to be a liar.


Next week, we are starting to have massages on Thursdays. They are $1 a minute. I would love nothing more than to have a massage. I think pretty soon, I won't have to leave work. Maybe that is the plan. We have the grill, the gym, showers, massages, air conditioning, the internet. All I need is a bed under my desk like George Costanza on Seinfeld, and I'm set. Seriously, why do I pay rent again?


You know what's getting me through today is the fact that I saw my cutie pie last night. Today I proclaimed to my coworker that I'm in love. You know, I tell her that every day so it's nothing new. I just don't remember ever being so happy. I remember making excuses for things I didn't like in a guy. Oh, he is this because....that. Or some other random bullshit. I don't remember liking everything. I use to say, well he's great but he could change this or that. And then I'd get mad when he wouldn't change. Duh! I like him just the way he is. And he likes me the way I am. I like me the way I am, and he likes him the way he is. I think this, is the key to it all. Knowing who you are and what you want.


I just enjoy his presence. I get such an awesome feeling from him, that I would describe as nothing more than his energy. Being next to him feels so incredible. Not to mention he makes me laugh, and last night, I was snorting, and laughing so much I thought I'd pee myself. It makes me crazy that I am so nuts about him, and I don't know what to do with myself. I want to cry, or scream, or hit him. I don't mean in a bad way but its like, how can you have this effect on me? How is that fair? I'm certainly not complaining, but when you are not use to it, you have to wonder what you've been doing your whole life that kept you from it. I'm at that point right now in my self awareness.


P.S. LOST AND GREYS ANATOMY ARE BACK TONIGHT. LOST IS ON! LOST IS ON! LOST IS ON! LIFE IS GOOD! WEEEEE HOOOO!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yeah, I never got that bring the kids to work thing either - and I have a kid! Never in my wildest dreams would I voluntarily take him to a place that I use to get away from him, lol.

Erin said...

Yeah, I never got that bring the kids to work thing either - and I have a kid! Never in my wildest dreams would I voluntarily take him to a place that I use to get away from him, lol.