"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, June 18, 2010

Things Untold...

Oh yea, the stalker one date guy, is now done with stalking me. He told me off in his own way. Sorry I'm just not that into you. Someone will be. There is someone for everyone, mkay?

Since I'm on a break and all, I won't tell you that I've hung out with someone a few times. (no not that asshole exmanfriend)

This someone I've known for like four years closley, longer than that in the "group of friends" kind of way.

Like, I threw up in his living room about 9 years ago.. after a night of clubbing with a girlfriend found us at an after hours party there. In my defense, I did catch the vomit in my hands. Come to think of it, I'm suprised we're not married already, I'm a pretty classy chick.

We had a casual relationship for a year, neither of us wanted more. After another relationship, we briefly tried for actual "dating", and then someone decided to give their asshole ex another undeserved shot at this prize. (I'm the someone, and the prize)

We never parted on bad terms, or had a "break up" and always remained friendly with each other.

I am a believer in signs, and things happening for a reason. I think there was a reason that my moms A/C broke, and I called him to go look at it for her cus she's broke. I think theres also a reason that despite my strong urge to call him on a personal level after seeing him, I remained strong and stuck to my "If a boy likes me he'll call" 'rule'..and he ended up calling me.

I think theres a reason we've been friends for so long, and enjoy each others company, and seem to always wind up 'together'.

Like Carrie and BIG! OMG!! ok, I'm just kidding. Sorta.

I'm not in any sort of a rush to find love, or be "tied down" or call someone my boyfriend just yet. We know a lot of the same people. We have endless conversation, and the times we get together to watch a movie, we end up laughing and talking all night instead. We can be ourselves and he is a lot like me, positive, fun, and personable.

For whatever reason he's in my life, he is. And I'm just taking it as it comes. He hasn't had a serious girlfriend in 5 years, and I have only been broke up for almost 2 months.

I do know that you always say to a person...where were you my whole life? Why am I meeting you NOW? Why not 10 years ago?

And the answer is simple, the right time is now. You weren't ready 10 years ago. And I think the same thing may be happening here. All the times we were "together" the timing was off. We were never on the same page at the same time for very long, we wanted different things, but always enjoyed ourselves.

Now, we both seem to be in the same place. And that place, is alright with me.

Plus, he is a super duper good kisser. You don't realize how much you miss something until you find a "one up".

7 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

Oh my God...this story...everything you just said is like deja vu. It is exactly how it was for me and Indubitably.

Fizzgig said...

sister: for real? maybe thats a good sign. lol. its kinda nice to have a no pressure thing, they can always lead to more if they are meant to.

Teena in Toronto said...

It's nice that you've been friends over the years.

Take it slow ... don't rush it.

Carolyn G said...

Well since I also believe everything happens for a reason and that you meet who you need to meet and all that other jazz, I wish you well on the new path with the new man. I tell you, all mys best relationships were with friends who then became something else! Good luck!

heather said...

this sounds promising! especially since you've known each other for so long. you get to skip the awkward stage of trying to impress each other. (not that "courting" isn't fun, i'm talking about trying to get a read on someone to see if you're compatible and not knowing their flaws or what makes them tick... not knowing the real them.)

i will definitely put some good thoughts out there for you!

mylittlebecky said...

that sounds positively lovely. positively :)

Fizzgig said...

teena:
im trying not to. i like to know how things end before they begin that tends to be my problem lol

carolyn:
amen! thank you! ive never done the whole turning into something from friends its def differnt!! like, are we hanging out cus were friends, or cus we like each other.

heather:
i agree, but when does the courting part start? lol thats whats weird about it. but im tryin to just go with the flow and not stress. if its not meant to be something will happen to let me know that!

becky:
thank you thank you i love lovely!