"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Re-Enlisting...

I think I swore that I'd never go back to bootcamp. I never endured so much physical pain in my life.

The woman who owns it never kept the scale in the same spot, or used the same one each week and would charge money if you gained weight. She told us not to eat carrots, or milk, or spaghetti squash because no matter how many times I told her its a vegetable she would tell me I am not losing weight cus of carbs.

But, Ive also been stagnant since bootcamp. Gaining and losing the same 10lbs over and over again. But not losing more. And I push it HARD in the gym. I don't just go and half ass a workout 5 days a week. My clothes are sweat soaked, and I'm exhausted afterwards.

Last year when I went, I did bootcamp 3 days a week, which burns over 1,000 calories. I would also run 4 miles those days on my lunch breaks. I also worked out the other 2 days at lunch, and after work.

I think on average I was working out 12 hours a week, and sometimes on weekends. I was a machine. People who complain about not losing weight...trust me, I know! I bust my ass, for peanuts. I did lose 70 (sometimes its 60) lbs, but it took me two years, of that kind of working out. Not easy.

Bootcamp gives you the dry heaves. It hurts to breathe even. It's hard.

There is a buddy system going on now, its half price so me and some coworkers are going to re-enlist.

Universe, I'm losing the last 30lbs I've been trying to lose for 2 years. Come hell or high water!

2 comments:

Andhari said...

Just hearing that I feel my muscles and limbs twitch.

But I'm TEAM FIZZGIG!!! Good luck!!!:)

Teena in Toronto said...

I've been wanting to go to a boot camp but they scare me. I'm not in good enough shape to go and would die!