"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, April 19, 2010

Hand in Hand....

What doesn't go hand in hand is having a dog with diarreah, and being sick. I was so sick last week I missed work. I don't miss work. I work when I'm bleeding out the ears. So I was sick. A Phlemy, gooey, ooey, disgustingly congested buttery lunged mess!

My new dog, Mr. Magoo, also had diarreah. He's had the craps since the second day home, because he refuses to eat his $12 a bag (I got a coupon for $10 off but still) Iams dog food that he was eating at the rescue. He'll eat canned. From my hand. And then have to poop 15 times a day. I finally got him some anti diarreah medicine, and manfriend was able to figure the dosing out since I'm a mathmatical moron and he's a medic. No more poops! Yes!

Lots of things are different with puppy mill dogs, but he is coming around and learning the ropes. He even sits on my lap now to look out the window in the car. Dog things, are foreign to him.

One thing is for sure I sure miss his cute little butt. He also made his way in between me and manfriend this morning in bed. I let him interrupt my snuggle! I'll let him get away with it this time, but he better not get use to it. Thats MY snuggle!

2 comments:

MzAriez said...

Congrats on your new family member!

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope you guys are feeling better soon!