"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, April 29, 2010

Makin a List Checkin it Twice...

Manfriend came over yesterday. I didn't know when he was coming, as I was sitting on the floor, sweaty from cleaning, no bra, scrubby clothes, replacing my sweeper belt. I said if I knew you were coming I'd have put on a bra. But...get use to it, right? The joys of cohabitating.

He brought a clipboard and wanted to go over expectations for us moving in together. Things that would annoy us, or whatever. His biggest concern is that I'll change. It's because of his own experiences in the past. I am who I am. I'm generally a happy, easy going person. I've had my own bouts with control, and fighting, and being miserable. In all honesty, its way easier to be happy than not. It's not to say I never get annoyed or in a bad mood, but I don't let it ruin my day.

I like me that way.

I had to take the dogs to pee in the middle of this list making. Little Hill is 14, and does her business and comes back in. Magoo, takes a year to sniff out a spot. So, I picked up Hill first and said "manfriend, watch magoo so he doesn't pee while I'm out there" (usually, I lock him in the kitchen in case he has an accident while im outside so i can easily clean it up) I came back in and he had peed on the floor. On my brand. new. carpets.

I said hey..put this on your list, watch the dog, means watch the dog. Ugh.

I still thought it was pretty cute he made a list.

2 comments:

Andhari said...

I find it cute he made a list, he seems to wanna make you happy :D anyhooo, I like what you said about it's easier being happy. A lot of people should be more like that instead of having grumpiness as their default mode.

Teena in Toronto said...

Gord used to threaten me with a PowerPoint presentation when we first moved in together. Ha!