"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, April 26, 2010

Leapin Lizards!...




Saturday, I was cleaning the basement as to make room for manfriend and all of his junk. I made great progress, and even swept.


Then I saw something moving in some broken brick dirt...



What's black, has a snakey head, a wormy tail, buggy eyes, and creepy frog legs? I don't freaking know, so I screamed and tried to smash it but it didn't die. It's tail came off and kept moving. Eeeeek!


I got it in a box lid and threw it in the yard. Then, there were more.



I did what every American girl would do, I took a carcass to my manfriends house and asked him what it is. He said it looked like a salamander, so I googled it.



Yep. Who has salamanders living in their basement? In the city? Me.



Turns out, I live near the metro park (yea, but like 3 miles!) that has one of the largest breeding pools for salamanders.


Online said cats are a good way to get rid of them, but firstly, they don't go in the basement, and secondly, remember when my four cats didn't kill a mouse that I had? Yea, my cats are not murderers. Someone needs to give them a lesson on the circle of life.


I think I'm going to call the landlords and tell them I have lizards in the basement. This will make it seem more urgent.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

If I found a salamander in my basement, I would scream like a crazy person. If I tried to kill it and it's tail came off but it kept on living....I would move out.

Good luck!

Teena in Toronto said...

Ewww! I'd be freaking!

Andhari said...

OMG I would not dare stomping or killing it myself. SCARY!

mylittlebecky said...

i'm usually ok with little animals, but that em effer is just a little too slimy and squirmy. good luck with alllll that!