"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Paddling.....

So, I'm still facing a garnishment. For not paying my taxes. The worst thing about it is I did it to myself. Really, the worst thing about it is I know people personally that have screwed the federal government out of thousands of dollars, and never heard a word about it. Here I am, fighting with Canal fulton. Over what seems like chump change, but when they want to take your entire check, and not give two shits how you survive.....I find that to be ridiculous.

I tried to pay them 1/3 of what they want. But they havn't cashed my check. I have to live on $55 for 2 weeks. That's just gas to get to work for me. Good luck with that. Thanks.

Living there, is just costing me more in income taxes, so its like I'm in quick sand.

The worst part is, I've been looking for a part time job to try to get out of this mess, and there is nothing. I remember there use to be pages of jobs, and now....nothing.

I can see how people become depressed that are out of work. I've been eating poorly too due to stress. I am a horrible stress eater. Not to mention, what is there healthy to eat for 1/3 of $55?

I know it could be worse. And it will pass, but I have been really upset about it latley, I don't want to give up my independence and move home with my Mom. I've away from home for 16 years. And lived completely alone for two. I've always just got another job when times got tough. Now it seems like this wont be such an easy task.

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Oh, good luck, hon. I'm so sorry. It is a rough world right now.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Damn, that f*cking sucks. They want your ENTIRE paycheck?? WTF, that can't be legal?

I remember my college days of surviving quite cheaply on ramen noodles or rice with an occasional bit of flavouring thrown in. Get's old after a while but it is cheap. And then when you get money you can go out and feel great about getting a big ole steak, fries, burger, nachos and two pitchers of beer.