"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, August 10, 2009

My employee sucks more than yours.....

Today, I got this email from an employee, who sent this to our payroll department.....

"I don’t know that it makes any difference. I wrote down the times I clocked in Thursday and Friday and I show 8:28 as that was what on the time clock when I swiped my badge (I’m sure of the time because I stood there and waited for the clock to flip to 28 after before swiping my badge). Just wanted to let you know in case there is a clock problem."

A clock problem? So she didn't clock in or out a minute late, the time clock is messed up, so instead of 40 hours, her time shows 39.97. I never get bent out of shape over your time, unless your consistently late, I dont care! I know it sucks to walk 2 miles into work every day, and have the time clock 5 minutes from your desk.

Seriously, if that is going to break you, you should just jump off a bridge.


I really dislike said employee, which is NOT good since 1) I am her boss. 2) I am doing her appraisal.

Oh, did I mention, that I had until Friday to complete my appraisals, and my boss just called to say she needs them tomorrow. Did I mention I hadn't started them?

Bull.

Shit.

Furthermore, I hate this employee and decided to turn it into a positive. I am going to start wishing her a better job, because that's a nice thing to wish someone. And the bonus is I wont be her boss.

6 comments:

Katie said...

The life of the supervisor. There is at least one pain-in-the-ass subordinate in every bunch.

Teena in Toronto said...

That's why I hate being a boss!

heather said...

so, what would you do about an employee that comes in between 8:10 and 8:30 every day but puts 8:00 on her time card (since we don't actually have a "time clock")? Yet, I go in at 7:50 every day and sometimes stay late AND I actually short myself sometimes since we are not allowed to get overtime. But! I can't say a damn thing about the girl who comes late because I'm not "permanent, full time" yet and I certainly don't want to come across as catty.

So, um. What would YOU do?

Carolyn G said...

UGH! That is BS. Heather I hear you. We had an assistant who did that. I mean every day. Then she would take breaks all day long and be on the phone all the time making personal calls. BUt the rest of us would ome in early and stay late. I used to get comp time but I wasn't going to claim every 5 or 10 minutes. But I had another co-worker who would. I mean he would put on his comp sheet 3 minutes, 5 minutes. etc. I hate people like that.

Anonymous said...

I particularly enjoyed her broken English.

Organic Meatbag said...

*sigh* sounds like some of the fucktards I work with...I sympathize...